Has anyone bought the 15" MBP with High Res Glossy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jenko, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Jenko macrumors regular

Hi,
    Was wondering I am soon to buy new 15" MBP, will be my first ever Mac product so I will be a virgin user , please be gentle Apple!
    Anyway I am considering the i7 high end MBP and Have seen a few reviews with the Anti glare High res screen option but not the high res glossy version. If anyone has just bought it could they show a few pics or video as I am undecided on the advantages of either or. I really like the standard glossy but would prefer the high res option but I am not sure whether to get the glossy high res or anti glare. Have seen the anti glare in reviews looks great but do you loose out on the lush colours of the glossy? I can not imagine myself being outside using my MBP that often as Ireland is not really known for its sunny beaches all year round and I just don't see me needing it for any outside use. Any info would be great thanks.

2. johnnymike24 macrumors newbie

johnnymike24

I, like many others on this forum, have a HI RES Glossy on the way (should be here by Wednesday!). But unfortunately Apple only offers the Anti-Glare HI RES at the stores (in limited availability as well) and not the glossy ones. Given this, I do not even think that any of those who order one online has received it yet. My recommendation is to check back on the forums on either Monday or Tuesday. By then someone should have some pics posted. Although I will say that I order my 15" on the day the new ones were released (the 13th) and chose expedited shipping so it could be Wednesday before anyone who ordered a HI RES Glossy gets theirs (given that that is the day my tracking info says that I will be receiving mine).