Has anyone bought the crazy cheap iphone accesories on meritline.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wikoogle, Jun 12, 2009.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

For $10, I picked up a 3 pack of screen protectors, a car charger, a phone protector shell, a dock and everything is free shipping... :D

http://www.meritline.com/iphone-3g-clear-screen-film-010---p-28908.aspx

I'm just wondering if anyone else has used the site before for iPhone stuff. I bought a bunch of cheap accesories for my Wii from them and they all work great. So I'm hopeful.

2. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

It just seems odd that people are buying $25 screen protectors or $50 iphone shells.

It's honestly just a piece of plastic. $25/$50 is an absurd markup imo.

I'm been very happy with all the Wii stuff I bought from meritline, so forking over $3 for a 3 pack with free shipping seems like a token risk worth taking. But if anyone has any review on their iphone stuff, let me know.

3. chattermark macrumors member

I have never bought anything from this site, but if it is quality stuff I would buy it. Wonder if anyone has bought anything from this. <M>

4. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I bought wiimote charger/battery pack, wireless sensor bar and steering wheels from them. All of them work great.

Nothing for the iphone though. Yet.

5. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

so anyone ordered a screen protector from them before?

6. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

That statement is so true it's not even funny. People automatically assume that the more expensive stuff is higher quality. You have absolutely no way of knowing that this is the case. Nike/Reebok seriously spend no more than $2 to manufacture any of their shoes, they simply spend money on marketing and mark them up excessively. Similarly, the much cheaper dell laptop my brother bought ended up being better designed, and faster and more responsive than the macbook pro that I bought!

People have a psychological desire to justify the money they paid on something. So the more someone paid on soemthing, the more they're going to convince themselves that it was worht the money, even if it should be obvious to them that it wasn't.

I compare them myself, and failing that, go by independent reviews to decide quality.

But in this case, with meritline selling them sooooo insanely cheap, with free shipping, and me having had bought products from them before that I'm 100% happy with, and the cases having great user reviews, I saw no reason not to take the leap.

7. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

8. pMad macrumors regular

9. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

I've ordered stuff from Meritline in the past (not iPhone specific) and it was shipped quickly and decent quality. It definitely beats the bozos on fleabay who sell phone accessories for 99 cents with $12 shipping. I would order from Meritline again if that says anything.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

OP, you seem to be having a conversation with yourself or trying to advertise that site........

6 of the 9 posts are yours, and you quoted a comment that isn't even from this thread.

Just curious......

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

now

that's funny thanks for the laugh! never seen anybody quote from another thread before either. :rolleyes: