Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Got the Incipio Feather at T-mobile but returned it and picked up the Ringke Slim from Amazon instead for only $8.99. The Ringke Slim is thinner than the Feather which I prefer.

Last edited:

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Got it at T-mobile but returned it. Picked up the Ringke Slim from Amazon instead for $8.99. It's thinner than the Feather which is what I wanted.

The feather case is thinner than the feather case? I'm confused

macaron95

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Got the Incipio Feather at T-mobile but returned it and picked up the Ringke Slim from Amazon instead for only $8.99. The Ringke Slim is thinner than the Feather which I prefer.

i'm not looking for a thinner case

i just want some feedback about the Incipio Feather

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Feedback?

It's too bulky. Top and bottom do not protect the phone from scratches et al. When holding in one hand, the bottom was sharp. No lay on the table design.

It's overpriced. If you can find it for less than retail, then go for it. Check Amazon. They have the Feather for $19, but IMO it's worth less than that. Otherwise, there are better and cheaper options out there.

Sadly, I've already tried 5 cases for my 6 and the Ringke was the best "Feather-like" option for me. Even though you are not interested, I'll post that link anyway: http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Case-P...12532180&sr=8-1&keywords=ringke+slim+iphone+6

Different strokes for different folks. I've had every iPhone since the first one and it usually takes me some time to find the right fit. Literally and figuratively.

Good luck in your search. :)

Last edited:

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Feedback?

It's too bulky. Top and bottom do not protect the phone from scratches et al. When holding in one hand, the bottom was sharp. No lay on the table design.

It's overpriced. If you can find it for less than retail, then go for it. Check Amazon. They have the Feather for $19, but IMO it's worth less than that. Otherwise, there are better and cheaper options out there.

Sadly, I've already tried 5 cases for my 6 and the Ringke was the best "Feather-like" option for me. Even though you are not interested, I'll post that link anyway: https://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Compatible-Lightweight-Resistant-Protective/dp/B00N169D3U

Different strokes for different folks. I've had every iPhone since the first one and it usually takes me some time to find the right fit. Literally and figuratively.

What's the grip like? I was thinking of getting the Incipio feather since it has a nice grip to it but the fact it leaves the top and bottom open puts me off.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
What's the grip like? I was thinking of getting the Incipio feather since it has a nice grip to it but the fact it leaves the top and bottom open puts me off.

Same/similar to the Feather. Seems to be the same finish a lot of those cases use.

Attachments

• IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    636.3 KB · Views: 165

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
For ten bucks and free prime shipping if you have that, who cares. Ha! Yes, the slits make it easier to put on.

I bought 5 cheap cases off Amazon and just returned the ones I didn't like. Got to test drive a few.

There is also the Power Support Air Jacket (which is similar, very nice, full coverage), but that's $30 and not out in the states yet.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I have the Feather and personally love it. I'm fine with the top and bottom being exposed -- it felt a bit slick out of the box but has gotten more tack as I've continued to use it.

I had a Feather on my iPhone 5 from date-of-purchase until I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and knew I'd go right back to it. Glad I did, as it feels like it's almost part of the design of the iPhone itself. Very happy.

Cherish

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Feedback?

Sadly, I've already tried 5 cases for my 6 and the Ringke was the best "Feather-like" option for me. Even though you are not interested, I'll post that link anyway: https://www.amazon.com/Ringke-Compatible-Lightweight-Resistant-Protective/dp/B00N169D3U

Is this for the Incipio Feather or Incipio Feather Shine? The Feather Shine is supposed to be thicker than the Feather.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I love the Incipio feather. I tried the Spigen case because I've always gone with Spigen but I found that the Spigen was scratching the sides of the phone. I love the material of the Feather. Favourite case thus far.

Attachments

• cipio.jpg
    cipio.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 95

macaron95

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 5, 2014
I love the Incipio feather. I tried the Spigen case because I've always gone with Spigen but I found that the Spigen was scratching the sides of the phone. I love the material of the Feather. Favourite case thus far.

Thanks for the feedback

If you could post some pics with the iPhone case on, it would be great :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.