Has anyone bought Things for Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by iFanaddic, Apr 25, 2015.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Has anyone bought Things for Apple Watch? Currently using wunderlist. Thinking what could a 12$ to do app could do more..?

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

Things isn't about doing more (although it does do a lot).

Things is about doing things with low friction and high design/style.

Watch Videos of it and you'll know if it's for you.

3. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Things is okay, but it is annoying to use. It's a pain to set up recurring tasks and in the today screen, you have to tap a task twice to actually do it. I find it annoying to use.

4. TreoRenegade macrumors regular

I agree. Lovely app to look at. Irritating to an extreme to actually use, day in and day out. Too dang tap-happy.

5. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I love things on the mac and am absolutely confident they'll improve the watch app with time!

6. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I installed it but the glance was just full of something about a road trip. Sounds good to me, but I didt put it in there. The app itself worked fine.

7. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I got the app back when it was free as an editors choice. I really love it. I don't think that it is difficult to use. It is the right balance for me between easy to use and customizability.

8. Starfox macrumors regular

I really like it. Very straight-forward, I can add a new item / unmark an existing item with a single tap from its home screen.

9. sananda macrumors 68020

I had the same thing about the road trip. I emailed them and apparently it's a known bug which they are working to resolve.

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I already owned Things. In fact the only apps, besides the "stock" apps, I have are the ones I had previously.
    Anyway, Things works fine on the Apple Watch.
    What really works great is adding "events" by voice command. This makes it easy to add things on the go. The only negative, I think, is that Things doesn't sync with Apple's Calendar or Reminders. That's why I, also, use Clear.

11. Cook$ter macrumors newbie

I got Things to use it on my watch like I was already using Reminders on my phone. I really wish Apple would put Reminders on the watch.

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yes, Apple definitely needs to add Reminders to the Watch. Hopefully this is coming in a future update sooner than later! I used Things most of the time, but our Grocery List is on Reminders...

13. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I've been using Things for ages. It's sometimes a bit over complex for simple stuff but otherwise great.

14. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Things has a really specific workflow, its focus isn't so much on recurring tasks its about delegating your todos with the get things done structure. You have to stick it's routine of collecting tasks and then marking the ones which you want to get done today at breakfast.

15. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

I just got a spare charger for it. Now waiting for my SS one coming in June so that I can get rid of my sport. Then, I will be starting to buy more bands (Milanese and Link, plus white and black sport band) :) Apple needs to send me the SS ASAP so that I can start my shopping trip to Portland OR :)

16. J.gerbes macrumors 6502

I havent bought anything yet, and probably wont until Apple open up the SDK

17. tivoboy macrumors 68030

ownder it

I owned it before, but having used it now I wouldn't buy it for the watch..

lists on the iphone show up on the watch, but items created on the watch DONT' seem to show up on the watch. or at least I can't seem to get them to show up even after making them.

rolling the crown doesn't show anything, holding, pressing, swiping, can't seem to get back to anything

18. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Do the new items not go to your inbox? And the only list you can see on the watch is today

19. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

This, exactly.
    I said in here a couple of weeks ago about being a things user but I've finally given up on it completely for Apple Watch, it's too restrictive.
    I get where they are coming from, keeping it simple for the watch but there's simple and then there's just bloody annoying. I'm using a different app now for a lot of my list making and I much prefer how it works with the watch.