Has anyone changed the Push notification sound?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by outz, Jun 23, 2009.

1. outz macrumors 6502

Is it a standard default sound for all Push apps? Is it possible to do on a jailbroken 3.0 phone? I'm assuming it is like with any other sound, just wanting to confirm.

2. outz thread starter macrumors 6502

fyi - the push sound isnt standard, the dev can provide a custom push notification message... the one provided by beejive is sooo low and useless. you can replace it by entering the beejive app directory and replacing default_received.caf with the sound you want, and then restarting the phone.

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Beejive's Push Sound is by no means low in my opinion. Did you know you can change the default one just by going in the settings? Probably not :rolleyes:.

4. outz thread starter macrumors 6502

do tell? i changed the 'sounds' in the beejive settings, it did nothing for the extremely low default push sound.

5. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Settings > BeejiveIM > Sounds.

I have mines set to MSN (I do use MSN only) but you can use it if you like. It's nice and loud:p:D.

6. outz thread starter macrumors 6502

ah, when i changed that before, i didn't realize i needed to enter the app and exit the app again in order for the change to take affect........... oh well. i ended up making it the sms sound. thanks tho.