Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
Has anyone had any success connecting a MacBook running Windows (via BootCamp) to a wireless network secured using LEAP?

Specifically, I am hoping to be able to use "IBM Access Connections" under windows on a MacBook 2GHz.

mrichmon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 17, 2003
mrichmon said:
Has anyone had any success connecting a MacBook running Windows (via BootCamp) to a wireless network secured using LEAP?

After some poking around I found that the Wireless chipset in the MacBooks is identified by Windows XP as "Atheros AR5006X". The manufacturer of this chipset has released driver version 4.2.2.4 which supports LEAP, PEAP and various other flavours of wireless security not supported by the wireless driver provided by Apple as part of BootCamp. You can download this updated driver from http://tw2005.giga-byte.com/Communication/Support/Driver/Driver_Wireless_GN-WI01HT.htm

I installed this driver and the included "Wireless Utility" over the top of the Apple wireless drivers for Windows. So far the updated drivers work flawlessly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.