Has anyone else decided to keep their Apple Watch (0) after experiencing OS3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jacoblee23, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I am keeping mine for now. The resale value on these things won't be very good anyway. Not to mention this is a totally different watch now that os3 is out. I have no major complaints anymore. I always have my phone so I don't need GPS.

2. Skika macrumors 68030

Loving the new OS. Im still thinking about upgrading purely for the 2X increased brightness and the faster chip.

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

For the original, on sale for $249 38mm SS at BB I am definitely not going for the newer AWs. :)

The new OS is just more icing on this delicious cake.

4. ckiggins macrumors 6502

Mine has a whole new life now - but I REALLY want one of those new Nike bands...

5. warburg macrumors 6502a

I'm sure I would like the new OS better if I knew how to use it, but I can't find any user guides. Apple's own user guide is still geared to OS 2. MacRumors describes the new features but not how to use them. Does anyone know of a guide to the Apple Watch that includes OS 3?

6. Skika macrumors 68030

Youtube

7. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Agreed. I have no strong motivation to upgrade. OS3 is much zippier and for what I use the watch for (notifications, occasional stopwatch/countdown timer, activity tracking and, now, the Home app), the new models aren't going to be $500 better than what I've got now.

Series 3, on the other hand, is a definite if it turns out to have cellular connectivity so I can leave my phone behind.

8. warburg macrumors 6502a

YouTube has a couple of kids talking abut the new features with machine-gun speed. That's not a substitute for a user guide. Of course I've been watching them repeatedly because that's apparently all we have.

9. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Outside of improved speed, there isn't really anything about the new version that affects me, and it's thicker, so I'm not interested in it. My only issue is that I kind of wish I originally bought space black, rather than stainless, so I'm actually thinking about buying an old model in space black.

10. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

I agree. I had no plans on spending $700.00 for the "new" watch. My 42 SS Apple Watch runs flawlessy on the new ios 3. Very happy.

11. Ste84 macrumors member

Really undecided on the upgrade. Not too much new to make me one to buy one at pre order. But the more I think about it the more I want it.... Thing is I'd just end up getting one which looked exactly the same so that's what's also putting me off. I have the space black 42 with black sports band. Really happy with it but it hasn't changed my world enough to want another just yet.

12. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I have a 42mm black sport. I'm buying the new one but I'm and early adopter. I want the faster chip and brighter screen. Don't have an issue selling my old one off cheap to help pay for the new one.

13. warburg macrumors 6502a

What is the best way to sell the old watch? There seem to be a hundred of them offered on Ebay.

14. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Craigslist

15. BD1 macrumors 6502

Same. I use the fitness functions but always have my iPhone with me when running or cycling. I was hoping that series 2 would have a new health sensor or a screen that was always on (not expecting it) or a screen that was reflective in sunlight. I am reading mixed reviews on how the brighter screen does in direct sunlight.

16. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I have a hard time passing on the latest stuff, but have to agree that from a practical standpoint, the first-gen aka Series 0 (S0) is pretty great now (OS3 made a HUGE difference, nice job Apple!). The resale values on the S0 are lousy due to used and brand new ones being suddenly dumped on the market for a discount (maybe values will edge up a bit after the initial surge sells). I like all the improvements in the S2, but none are essential or huge for me.

I plan to sit tight for a while, watch these forums in the next few weeks for real-life comparisons by upgraders, and wait until Apple gets regular stock in stores. In the mean time I'll get comfortable with OS3 on my S0 and see how that goes. Maybe my wife and I will upgrade around Christmas time as our presents to ourselves, but then again maybe we won't see the need to.

I've already upgraded to a iPad 9.7 Pro, preordered the iPhone 7P, and bought our first Mac (2016 Retina MacBook), so realistically, I've probably given Apple enough of our money this year ;-)