Has anyone else ever had AT&T forget to take your upgrade eligibility?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blhoward2, Sep 17, 2014.

1. blhoward2, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

blhoward2 macrumors 6502

So, I upgrade every year and use my upgrade or a family member's upgrade from a different account (cross-upgrade) in alternating years. I was thinking this year was the year to use mine and AT&T said I was eligibile a week for before the pre-order. My phone order appears to have processed fine and I have tracking information.

However, I realized this morning that I actually used my upgrade last year so I shouldn't have been eligible. Nor did they take it off another line on my accounts as I upgraded both phones this year.

Has anyone else ever seen this happen? This is not AT&T Next and I definitley paid the contract-rate for upgrades both last year and this year on the same number.

I'm less concerned that they are going to try to charge me the difference later and more interested in how it could ever happen...

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yep, they might very well catch it later. Prepare for a whopper of a bill in the future.

:apple:

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have seen it once on my line but it wasn't from ATT it was from phones purchased through BestBuy.Anyways Bestbuy had a sale going on with phones,I just got my iPhone 3GS from ATT, My parents went to Bestbuy to get the phones on sale,One of them was an online only sale so the rep had to call his manager to get it authorized for the sale in store. The phone was supposed to be free with 2 year contract. Well we got it free but he never did put that line on contact. I was able to use that line the following year to get the iphone 4 when it came out.

4. blhoward2, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

blhoward2 thread starter macrumors 6502

Like I said, I'm less concerned about that. At worst I would just upgrade the other line and sell that phone, which should largely make up for the difference. Or just force them to cancel the order (by which point phones will be available in store) and upgrade the other line.

I just can't believe that their system is stupid enough to let this happen.

----------

Hmmm, both phones were bought through Apple, but you'd think they would have some kind of reconcilliation process to prevent this.