iPad mini Has anyone else experienced headaches with the ipad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2011
    I also have an ipad 3 and haven't had this issue with the 3. I'm not complaining about the mini at all, I love mine. I have just developed a terrible headache though after using it. Maybe my eyes aren't used to the more pixelated text.
  2. iHeartsteve, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

Feb 12, 2012
    I had this issue with the iPad 2 before the retina display had even come out. As soon as I got the iPad 3, no more headaches. I even get less headaches on my retina MBP which I love.

I REALLY wanted to buy the mini today but the text is just too blurry for my liking. I did like the size and how light weight it is, so maybe I'll just get it for the hell of it. But there's no way I can read anything on that thing for more than half hr.

Also it was odd that if you do zoom IN, the text is LESS blurry. This was the opposite w the ipad 2 - blurry far away and blurry zoomed in. I guess its a positive thing if you can at least read text comfortable zoomed in but it was really annoying me to have to zoom into EVERYTHING. I was really disappointed that the text in the email was blurry until I would I zoom in.
  3. Quantus macrumors regular

Apr 2, 2012
    Download Perfect Browser and enable "override default font size." It makes a world of difference, at least for web browsing.
  4. urkel macrumors 68030

Nov 3, 2008
    I got headaches from the MBA11 but not from my iPad2. With the mini it's too early to tell but I do feel like the screen size is fine but the text clarity is not. We'll see how this all works out I guess because I like it too much to return.
  5. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2010
    In all fairness, I have played around with this mini for a few hours, and the pixelation arise when displaying small text. It annoys the hell outta me. However that said, when I zoom in and make the actual size of PDF the same as the iPad 3, pixelation is 98% gone.

I guess the issue with this display is it sucks displaying text that are too small, which makes sense due to its low pixel density.
  6. urkel macrumors 68030

Nov 3, 2008
    text like on these forums? Is there a way to make it default to the mobile view like on the iPhone because I prefer reading this site on my iPhone vs the Mini due to the text size.

Edit: Nevermind. Switched to mobile view and text is still small. I know the Mini is new but I hope in future OS updates they add a way to increase default text size.