Has anyone else looked at there Usage Timeson iphone4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uoduckies, Jul 1, 2010.

1. uoduckies macrumors newbie

I noticed that I needed to charge my Iphone4 more than I thought I would need to. So yesterday I looked at my usage and didn't understand why it was so high after just charging it. So I just charged the phone overnight again and was just looking at my iPhone4 usage time. I can't believe what I'm seeing.
    It show a total of 3hrs of Usage and 1Days worth of standby. I have made no phone calls today. I had my phone replaced on Monday and its shows a total lifetime calls at 10 days. WHAT? I maybe have 1hr of total talk time since monday. Am I missing something? Is the Lifetime call time based on the sim? Even if that so, I have not made 10 days worth of calls, I mean the phone hasn't even been out for 10days.

2. anthem550 macrumors member

Its based on your sim. It rolls over from phone to phone.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, it has nothing to do with the sim. The only way that happens is if you restore from a backup.

4. uoduckies thread starter macrumors newbie

But shouldn't lifetime call time be based on the phone, not the profile? Still doesn't explain the usage time since fully charged.

Just got off the phone with apple. Of course they tell me to take it into a store. The guy said he couldn't explain why the times were so high.
    Figures.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

My lifetime call time on my iPhone 4 is 23 minutes. I restored as new. Had I restored from a backup, then it would’ve got the data from the old phone. The sim doesn’t have any other info on it other than the phone number, AFAIK.

You can always reset the statistics, if you want to start over.

6. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Its from your other Iphone you backed up PEOPLE. All Iphones since DAY1 in 2007, if you restore you will have a high call time on ur life.

7. Keysersozeh macrumors newbie

I am having horrible battery life as well

I am tempted to redo my phone and start as a new, but I dont want to lose all my text messages. How do I retain that?

Any ideas?

8. uoduckies thread starter macrumors newbie

When you reset stats, it only resets network data and current call times. Usage since charge and lifetime are still there. I except the lifetime answer but something seems wrong with the usage since charge. Its only been 16hrs since I charged it and its saying 28hrs. weird. I just didn't know if there was something there to explain the battery drain