Has anyone else noticed the garbled text in some settings screens?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jmpage2, Jun 1, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I noticed this a few weeks ago on my 4850 equipped iMac but thought that 10.5.7 would fix it.

Anyone else see this (look at the bottom text)?

Nothing I do gets this to display correctly.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Looks like it says "Current charge: 100%". Somehow the battery information used on MacBooks is showing up, despite the fact you've got an iMac. Looks like it's a problem with the Energy Saver preference pane. You could try reinstalling it if you can grab a copy from somewhere.

3. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

It has happened on two Macs, both my 4850 equipped iMac and my first Mac, a 2009 Mac Mini.

What's common between the two of them is that both computers have been plugged into a high end APC UPS.

I've reloaded the software on the Mini and it has had no impact on this weird looking behavior.

4. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Can someone else using a UPS with USB connection to their Mac confirm that they are seeing this?

Thanks.

5. xxnoelziexx macrumors member

I also have this happen on my Imac 4850 too. My problem seems to happen on various other screens. When minimising applications graphics get garbled and pixels of the app I just minimized are scattered around the desktop. Very hard to explain next time it does I will screen shot it. I am starting to get worried about my Imac had it just over a month took Apple care on it though so it will get sorted.