Has anyone else's experience with this beta gotten worse?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jacoblee23, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I am on a Verizon iPhone 5s. I had a good experience with this beta up until a few days ago and today has been terrible. I'm experiencing constant crashes, especially when unlocking my phone. I find it strange that it has gotten so much worse. Any recommendations?

2. 50L macrumors regular

50L

3. sualpine macrumors 6502

sualpine

File a Radar.

http://filearadar.com

4. Mosi macrumors regular

I had to roll back to 7.1.1

While overall I found the beta to be relatively stable, I was getting pretty significant battery loss while using certain apps (Spotify, PocketCasts, Soundcloud) and the phone would get so hot I started to get worried.

I will probably give Beta 2 a try when it comes out but 7.1.1 is still a great version.

5. jlsm511 macrumors 6502

jlsm511

Except for a few apps that don't work my experience hasn't been any worse then previous iOS beta's.

6. luckydcxx macrumors 65816

luckydcxx

I agree with the OP. it started out great but seemed to get worse as I used it, very weird.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

What I noticed is that there are more people that expect a Beta (especially a first Beta) to work.

8. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

Odd. I actually experienced the opposite. The first few days were terrible with crashes and now all of a sudden it's been running smooth.

9. Tamagotchi macrumors 6502

Tamagotchi

My experience has gotten better. It started out really bad, but as of now, I have rare and random resprings and that's it.

10. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did a clean install and it was great for a few hours and then it starts crashing/re-springing every time I unlocked my phone again. I am now rolling back to ios 7.1.1.

11. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Yeah one would think that they'd be more concerned about ensuring apps they are developing are compatible with iOS 8 vs how stable it is on their non primary idevice.

12. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

mine has been ok. most crashes i see are with unlocking the phone with touch id. sometimes that crashes the spring board. other times the screen won't come on and i have to hold the power and home to wake it up. but everything has been mostly working. hope beta 2 hits this week.

13. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

It will be. Well, next week for sure. Either Monday or Tuesday.

14. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

15. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

It's actually been pretty stable for me. Messages is the buggiest it seems.

16. GreyOS macrumors 68040

GreyOS

Problems with 3rd party apps have been consistent. However general system/stock stability has improved for me. Safari was unusable at first, now it's fine

17. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Strange as it is. While still stable enough for daily use. I have experienced more issues over time with this beta.

18. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

While several app issues have been resolved through updates by the devs (Tweetbot being the biggest one), I have had progressively worse issues with Apple's included apps since installing iOS8. I've even performed a clean install without restoring from a backup, and the problems continue to get worse. The hotspot feature works less than 1/4 of the time (when it does, it works for about 30 seconds before losing connectivity), and Settings will often close on me as soon as I open it (at least in that case, trying to open it again works). I've gone from restarting my phone once or twice a month to at least once a day over the last four days due to little issues like this.

19. nipunn macrumors newbie

I installed it the day it came, but could not use it due to frequent crashed of whatsapp and line, which I use very frequently.
    Last year when iOS 7 beta came, I could use it regularly, and could live with the flaws of it, which kept improving by time. But seriously saying, iOS 8 beta 1 is really difficult to use.

However, since we ALL are sure that iOS 8 beta 2 is on the way, should land any hour from now, I am using iOS 8 beta from yesterday night. I have already registered my UDID and will update from my phone itself.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that it improves atleast in app crashing, and I can live with that till it turns into Golden Master.

20. EricDejuan macrumors newbie

iOS8 beta certainly feels like iOS8 Alpha. I cant even test apps on here because its so bad. It's definitely the buggiest beta I've ever experienced from Apple.

21. GoCoogs macrumors newbie

I second this, my phone is almost unusable 40% of the day.

Worst part is, I cannot roll back because my last iTunes backup was 6 months ago, and for some reason the most recent backup i did before i did the update says my backup is too new for iOS 7.

I can't use 70% of the apps on my phone without crashing, i can't send more than 3-4 consistent texts without messaging freezing up/crashing.

Can't see videos on facebook, randomly crashes. Can't take videos on snapchat at all, completely crashes, Google chrome does not work at all. Voicemails keep popping up randomly hours or days after i delete them. It's extremely frustrating. feels like they just tossed something together and tossed it out there.

REALLY hoping this next update fixes a lot of the stability issues. because right now iOS 8 is about as stable as Linsey Lohan at a crack house.

22. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

I have to agree..as time progressed iMessages lost the keyboard and when it did work (the keyboard) it had lost it's predictive word function, I was really liking that

23. EricDejuan macrumors newbie

Ya... its like they didn't test anything themselves, just put it out there, which is why i call it an Alpha. I have all of those same problems as well. My phone wont even charge half of the time. Sometimes it tells me my lock code is wrong. Go into standby and back.. and enter in my same code and it works. It feels like they rebuilt this from the ground up for the very first time.

I was impressed on how well iOS7 Beta 1 performed.

24. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

I agree with the OP. Seems like it has been getting worse over time. I started fresh with a DFU install and no restore.

25. poorcody macrumors 6502a

poorcody

For those with it getting worse, have you tried a power-off/power-on reboot? It's possible the beta has some code with memory leaks -- it would explain that behavior. Restarting should clear it if that is the issue.