Has anyone emailed Apple about the new iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by puffnstuff, Sep 9, 2009.

1. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

Emails were sent in mass were sent when Apple took away firewire and the matte option for the Macbook. Well that sure as hell helped since they were able to get Apple to address the issues and give back those features.

So anybody email Apple yet? And where to send complaints?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

A couple of thoughts: Apple won't fix it in the next couple of months, it would screw over those that updated. That issue has been discussed in a couple of places.

I don't think that e-mails have much to do with it. To say Apple doesn't read this site would be a joke, it's a great resource where they can find out what the community's reactions are to their products.

There is no evidence that e-mails led to the change, but, even if they did here are some things that e-mailing did not change:
    1. Cinema Displays, 30" Anyone?
    2. Netbook
    3. Blu-Ray Support

3. bldmn macrumors member

"I don't think that e-mails have much to do with it."

Nonetheless, I would definitely write an email. I'm really bothered by this issue. Apple may read this site, as you say, but that's not the same as writing directly.

If anyone has contact info for Apple, please share.

4. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

I think if enough people do bitch they do take it into account.

I know people have been able to email Jobs personally and others. Anybody have those addresses.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Try this.

6. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I sent them a message via the feedback feature on their site, expressing my disapproval.

7. ajones46 macrumors 6502

+1. This is the first time I've ever left negative feedback, all the other times were requests for new features or suggestions. One of em actually happened, I had emailed requesting the ability to arrange the app icons in iTunes, now we have it... so I guess it works??

8. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

*cough* iPhone $200 price drop *cough*

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yeah, and you don't think they learned their lesson? :rolleyes: I don't think you will see a camera on the iPod Touch until at least this time next year.

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

No, the historical evidence is the iPhone 16GB model. They added a feature (or space) in February after the original release. They are not going to release a new iPod Touch two months after they updated it. All the people that bought the current iPod Touch would be pissed and would have a right to. The product cycle for no product is two months. Give it six months and then we are in the range; but, if you believe Mr. Jobs they did their research and determined that it really was not something that was of value. At this point, I can see them waiting a full year as they probably are not going to raise the price and the camera would represent something that would be a significant cost in the fraction of the iPod Touch's production cost.

They have dropped prices before quickly, but that is not a hardware release. Bring better evidence next time.

11. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

12. WordLife565 macrumors regular

anyone who sends an email to apple, should be slapped in the face. hard.

13. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Any reasoning as to why I should receive a slap in the face? Or is that just how it works? Send an email to Apple, receive slap? LOL, use your words, make arguments. Why does the iPod Nano get a video camera, and yes, "video" is required because it can't take still shots, but yet the iPod Touch doesn't get anything. Adding a camera to the iPod Touch would make it the "funnest iPod ever." Uploading videos to YouTube, posting pictures to Flickr, using augmented reality now, and all the Apps that could take advantage of a camera would be amazing. But still no camera is added to the iPod Touch.. so slap me in the face all day long for sending an email to Apple, but I think they dropped by ball big time.

14. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

This is the worst Apple product update I've seen in a long time. There were two extremely obvious product updates for the iPod touch that would have cost very little to add: a video camera and GPS. Even one of those and it wouldn't have been so very bad. I would have bought it without hesitation if it had one, and bought it with excitement if it had both. But neither makes a pathetic update for this cutting edge device. It's not like the iPod Classic, where the product has clearly run out of features to add. With two obvious, easy design, cheap changes, Apple did nothing.

15. aethelbert macrumors 601

Care to explain what exactly was taken away from you? Oh right, you're unjustified expectations.

16. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not about anything being taken away it's about the fact that they do take comments into consideration. My unjustified expectations? I don't know how expecting the iPod touch to get more then a minor update is considered an unjustified expectation especially since they went through the trouble of holding an event.

17. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Expectations of, after an entire year, for a cutting edge product to have a significant upgrade, via additional components that are cheap, small, and desired (such as GPS and a camera), is NOT unreasonable.

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

Says who? This forum is not the only source of feedback.

The event isn't all about the iPod touch. It's about the state of their product lines, software, and hardware. Frankly, I would say that a 50% speed boost on top of higher capacity is pretty significant. It's certainly far greater than years past where the only real updates were capacity bumps.

Unreasonable desires, no. But when one is expecting something based off of no evidence, being let down will quite often be a given.

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

so you are dissapointed rumors didnt turn out to be true:cool:

it was upgraded. if you like it, buy it

if you dont, dont buy it

apple is not held to your expectations

20. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

But even besides that, there was no mention of an oleophobic screen. Not even the most incremental changes. What happens when a company decides its product is "good enough?" They become Microsoft. I want my money back from the App Store, so I can go get a Zii Egg or Zune. This is BS.

21. WordLife565 macrumors regular

apple NEVER said they were going to make a big change to the iPod touch, EVERYTHING was mere speculation. I just consider this like when the iPod video changed capacities from 30 and 60 to 30 and 80, and had a few software changes, and like I have said time and time before, Buy a REAL camcorder or digital camera, because the iPod touch camera would just be cellphone quality anyways, it wouldn't be innovative, it would just be crappy novelty.

22. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Let's get rumor separate from reality.

Apple didn't promise anything. They just announced a September 9th media event targeted at iTunes/iPods.

Rumors GUESSED that the new iPod touch and nano would have cameras. I didn't even hear any rumors about a GPS module.

I think this time around, the rumor community went too far and should wake up from dreaming and fooling themselves with iPod/iTunes fantasies.

23. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

I just wanted to know what happened to the 16gb, will the FM tuner be unlocked, and why there was no improvement in battery.
    :confused::confused:

24. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

But the camera isn't a deal-breaker for most people anyway. What frustrates me is the worse battery life, and total lack of any upgrade besides for the processor. The much touted oleophobic screen? Gamers don't need that. Really, how much could that cost? That Apple has left out even the cheapest upgrades makes it hurt to want to buy the new touch.

25. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Guess I am one of the few......

Okay so I am probably one of the few who is actually looking forward to getting the new itouch. It has a couple of hardware updates that look good. I like the 64GB over the 32GB but my wish would have been for more GB than 64.

I could care less that there is no camera. Have had them on other "toys" and never used them. Resolution sucks on them if you want to print them out. So me I am glad there is no camera taking up valuable space that I can fill with apps, etc. GPS? Have one in truck, don't use it, not even going cross country. I know my way around and if I don't, I can find my way with or without asking for directions :)

I had a 2nd gen itouch that was a piece of garbage and went back after 30days. So yes I was really looking forward to the new itouch.

It probably would have been nice if they would have had two seperate models to please everyone but it would seem that alot of companies don't think like that. Now if they would have come out with a tablet I would have been in hog heaven with the tablet and my kindle. As it is I'm only halfway there but that is better than not being there at all:)