Has anyone ever been shocked by there magnetic plug on your mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by maceleven, Jun 10, 2009.

  1. maceleven macrumors 6502

    #1
    Has anyone ever been shocked or electrocuted by there magnetic plug on your macbooks just wondering if it has happen to anybody before?
     
  2. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

    u49aa2

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Location:
    Between Heaven and Hell
    #2
    Touch wood, never to me. Why did it happen to you?
     
  3. hotviper macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2008
    #3
    i did

    just happened to me last week, twice, as i prepared my laptop,

    first is when i get it to connect to my macbook air(not yet on)

    second is when i wondered why there is a shock when im still not connected to the electric socket. so i touched it again

    since that day, i only touch the rubberized white portion
     
  4. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

    #4
    NO THANK GOD i was just wondering cause that would probably hurt!
     
  5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

    u49aa2

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Location:
    Between Heaven and Hell
    #5
    :)
     
  6. JDee macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2008
    Location:
    Ireland
    #6
    Getting mine on Sunday - hope it don't happen to me! :p
     
  7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

    instaxgirl

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2009
    Location:
    Edinburgh, UK
    #7
    I've been shocked by my iBook plug a few times in the last 3.5 years!

    It probably still amounts to less than 20, the tip's not to touch the prongs :eek:

    It doesn't hurt, just feels like someone's hit your funny bone.
     
  8. maceleven thread starter macrumors 6502

    #8
    Thats good to know!
     
  9. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

    mcpryon2

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2008
    #9
    I've gotten a few nasty shocks from mine, yes. I haven't been electrocuted yet, obviously, since I'm still alive to talk about it. But it hurt pretty badly. At first I thought it was static, but after it happened a couple more times I decided it wasn't.
     
  10. puttputt macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Location:
    Michigan
    #10
    No, but I've always had a fear of getting zapped by that.

    Somewhat related: after I retired my PB G4, I touched it when it was plugged in and the entire case was "buzzing" with electricity. No shock, just "tingly." Needless to say, that PB won't be charged up again.:eek:
     
  11. rowsdower macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2009
    #11
    Were you using a two-prong outlet?
     

Share This Page