Has Anyone Ever Cancelled a Contract and Reopened It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EgbertAttrick, Sep 7, 2011.

1. EgbertAttrick macrumors regular

So I am retarded.

I got in a motorbike wreck last month and, among other things, lost my iPhone. I could NOT live without one, so I was removed from my Family Plan and got a new plan on my own with AT&T. Today.

I would like the opportunity to buy the 5th iPhone at the reduced new subscriber rate.

I know I may cancel my current contract without penalty within 30 days. My question is: How long will I have to wait after contract cancellation to sign up again?

I know it's a little shady, but, whatever; it's my jerkheadedness and not yours. :)

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I think your best bet would be to call AT&T. Make an anonymous call from a phone other then your iPhone, and ask them directly. No one's going to give you a better answer then the source. Sorry to hear about your wreck, and I do hope you're OK!

3. Azadre macrumors 6502

You have a two month grace period after canceling your contract to restore it and have the ETF reversed. You can also start a completely new contract after canceling your old one, but you would have to pay your ETF.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

My vote is for you to call AT&T and get a direct answer.

But I believe that if you cancel your contract within the 30 day grace period, you can go back the next day and start a new contract again without any issues. But if you cancel your contract after the 30 day grace period and do pay an ETF fee you will have to wait at least 30 days before you're allowed to open an account again.