Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EngBrian

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Well all the power to you if you like it and the price. But I am not a fan of the look or the price. $139 seems like a lot to me. Maybe you are being sarcastic but it doesn't come through in your post

Dynamyk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2005
Toronto
I don't think it's that great of a case compared to a standard sleeve, the drives are still open for things to get in and its not going to offer the best protection.

But it looks kinda cool :cool:

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i think it looks cool. and for nice leather, the price isnt bad. remember apple charges $100 for a little iPod case!!!

the only concern I would have with the case is the MBP overheating. part of the design of the MBP is to let heat dissipate using the aluminum case. so if you wrap the case in leather (even leaving the fan vents open) will trap more heat than intended. this might only cause your fan to kick on more than normal, but if you consistently run high processor intense applications, this could be potentially damaging for the MBP. although if you only use the MBP for web surfing, word documents etc, i would imagine everything would be OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.