Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xxexilexx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
My ipad 2 got extremely hot during charging and now when you turn on the screen there is a yellow like burn spot almost like above the actual displayed content... about the size of a quarter and a half... looks like a burn or something.

Anyone ever see anything like it?

You can only see it when the screen is on

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I might as well say it, pics or it didn't happen. This is the webz. When discussing a physical problem, pics help a lot.

I haven't ever noticed my iPad even getting that hot. If I were you, I'd be at an Apple Store (well maybe not right this second).

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I have burn marks all over my screen. :eek: Means I probably shouldn't have used it as a base for setting off fireworks, I guess. :rolleyes:

Xxexilexx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Just went and snapped a pic to satisfy the webz

k1ue0g.jpg

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
That is definitely a problem. Do you have an Apple store close? If so, make an appointment today and see what a Genius says about it. If you haven't done anything to it, they should replace it right there on the spot.

Xxexilexx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Nope didnt do anything, its flawless, not even a scratch on it. how the heck could you even create that lol? I actually just got it as a replacement for my old unit with light bleed.

plugged it into my new 2011 macbook pro, and it got stupid hot during syncing and turned it on to see that. You cant see it when the screen is off

2 hours from an apple store so im doing mail in repair... im just curious if someone on MR has seen anything like it.

The screen sort of warps out from the spot too

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
That is definitely a problem with your battery. I haven't seen any other posts like this, but who knows, anything is possible. Good luck to you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.