Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
Forgot to mention after the original G5 refurb I picked up a 512 shuffle, airport express and airport extreme card all in great shape. If there were refurbed Macbook Pro 2.33 models I would be all over them.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
I've seen C2D MBP's listed but they go real fast.

You just have to watch the listings every day until you see the model
you're looking for then buy online or call 1-800-MyApple and grab it.

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
My 24" iMac is a refurb, and as others have mentioned I got a free 'extra' in the form of an upgraded video card :) It was already $200 under the education discount price, and aside from a plain brown box it looks/runs like new.

Had they had C2D MBs on the refurb site I would've bought mine there :)

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
Another happy refurb purchaser here. I can also attest that the warranty worked just like buying new. The times I needed warranty service, the system worked just like buying new, and the fact that it was a refurb was never even brought up.

You can always get a lemon, refurb or new. Differences: The box and refurbs are cheaper.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying refurbished.

EDIT: Also this could happen to you...

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
refurbished is the bomb. its as new as a new product exept it isnt. if they didnt say it was refurbished they could sell it for full price cause noone would know the difference

Stadsport

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
I hate to hijack a topic but I thought it was an appropriate question.
I've been waiting on a refund check from my old laptop for a while, I just heard I'll be getting it by the end of the week. I was going to get a refurbed Black Core Duo MacBook, but on Sunday they were no longer on the online Apple store.
Does anyone know if they'll get any in? I ran by my local Apple store (its like 30 seconds away) and they said they don't sell refurbs in store, but refreshes and floor models. Though, I think the guy thought I was talking about C2Ds.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Does anyone know if they'll get any in?

You have to keep your eye out; check everyday, sometimes a couple times a day. Be prepared to buy the second a machine you're interested in pops up. Otherwise, someone else will buy it.

Stadsport

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
You have to keep your eye out; check everyday, sometimes a couple times a day. Be prepared to buy the second a machine you're interested in pops up. Otherwise, someone else will buy it.
Damn, I hope none show up for a week then. If I add one to my cart and save the cart will it get sold out from under me, so to speak?

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I was looking at getting a refurb midrange MB, but I'm going to wait until after MWSF after reading the reports of a 12" MBP.

laravia18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
Thank you all!!!

I needed a confirmation and looks like I got one! The one I wanted is gone but I can't get one till the end of January anyways so I can wait till the right one comes along. I just wanted to know before I invest money and end up dissapointed. Thank you all very much and you can continue to reply if you have any experiences!!!:D

And it's ok to hi-jack my thread!

liquidsgi

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2006
Buy Refurb from Apple.com!

Hi,
I have bought both an Ipod and an Ibook refurbished from Apple.com. The Ibook G4 was an awesome deal as I got an extra 256 MB ram for free. I have not had 1 min problem with the IBook. I have had it for almost 2 years now. In September, I bought a refurb 60 gig Video Ipod. It is also a great product. I have not had any trouble with this product either. I did buy the extended warranties with both products-- but I have not had to use it.
--Liquidsgi

chameleon

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2006
Albany, NY
I also wanted to buy another refurb, bought a 24' IMAC came with extra ram, upgraded video, amd Hard drive,,,,,I do get a Ed. discount, but would by another refurb in a heart beat.
I'm curious -- why did you get the refurb when you get an EDU discount?

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
Get the refurb...

Have bought a couple computers (emac and imac ambient light) and a couple of ipods from the refurb store. Warranty is the same. I always get the applecare to extend the warranty to 3 years (Always buy the applecare w/educator discount). Never had a problem. Everything looked brand new and came with all parts, manuals, disks, etc.

I'd have no reservations whatsoever about buying the refurb.

Stadsport

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
Well, looks like they got some in today. I added one to my cart and saved it, hopefully I'll be able to order it by the time my check comes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.