iPhone Has anyone ever seen this in Music?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ent, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Ent macrumors regular

I'm in Music on iOS 7.03..not sure what these symbols mean next to my songs?? None of the songs play either..

Attached Files:

2. hrrslmpk macrumors member

Has anyone ever seen this in Music?

That symbol means explicit material and by any chance do you have iTunes Match

3. Ent thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sorry - I meant the red little squares..

4. hrrslmpk macrumors member

Oh that's the new stop download button. Your music seems to be trying to download and for some reason it's not doing it. By any chance are those songs purchased?

5. Ent thread starter macrumors regular

Some are yes, but there's two versions on my iPhone. One that works and one that doesn't. Then on my desktop there's only one version (the one that was purchased) which works fine.

I think this is what happens when you OTA update..

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Once you notice they look like Hitler you can't see them any other way.

7. Lyn2012 macrumors regular

My sister had the same on iOS6. As far as I remember I changed the settings somewhere to not download the songs - possibly switched off automatic downloads in iTunes and App Stores settings - then the unavailable duplicates disappeared and everything was back to normal. What changed to cause this to happen in the first place, I never found out - my sister was adamant that she had never changed any settings.

8. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

9. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Correctly me if I'm wrong...it sounds like you use iTunes to sync all of your music (including non-iTunes purchased)?

If that's the case, go to settings>music>and de-select "show all music". It is trying to download your purchased songs even though you have them on your desktop in iTunes already.

As someone else pointed out, this feature showed up in iOS 6 with iTunes Match and apparently gets turned on by default

10. PoopyThomas macrumors newbie

I had that issue, when I updated OTA It downloaded 4 movies... Guess who got to pay the $50 extra for data charges :D

11. Ent thread starter macrumors regular

This worked! Thank you!!!