Has anyone experienced error 9 for restoring iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

It says its a USB problem but I don't know why it won't let me restore. My iphone 5 has the infinite loop thing and I am trying to restore but it has the error 9 on iTunes and I am sure the iphone has no hardware issue since It just only crashed because the low battery thing. But when I plugged it in to charge it has the infinite apple logo loop thing. And can't restore.

2. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Error 9 usually pops up when there is a USB issue ie driver issue or port issue.

4. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I would try using a USB hub first and see if that fixes the restore issue...

5. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried on two computers and the different USB ports as well. If that's not the problem? what could it be? And I did disable the security and re-install itunes completely too.

6. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Try the USB hub first, as crazy as that sounds I've seen it work. Had that kinda issue like 3 yrs ago and a $10 hub fixed it. Could not connect iPhone up to USB on my MacBook and restore but when I connected USB hub to same port and then connected phone to hub restore went fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.