iPhone X Has anyone experienced temporary loss of touchscreen sensitivity on the iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Oct 18, 2018.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I will be in certain apps and the screen will suddenly stop responding, requiring me to close the app in the app switcher and reopen it. Any idea what causes this or how to fix? Running 11.3.1.

2. joooe macrumors newbie

joooe

3. Dru_555 macrumors member

I get that when trying to flick my watch faces to the left, to view the ones to the right of what’s set, but that’s on my watch. I think a lot of these imperfections are in common between devices though. My watch and phone both have a nearly identical flaw in the sub screen material and apple literally doesn’t believe me even though it’s their support app which won’t allow me to attach a video demonstrating it (it only accepts images but you can only see it properly if you pan over it in a video so you can use the reflection of a light source to move across and accentuate the ripple in the material).

What’re the odds that my new Max and S4 both have the same manufacturing defect? There’s nothing wrong with our screens in theory, but quality assurance was slipping during the first batch of both after release.

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Jailbroken

5. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

Had that issue quite a few times with an X, it was in certain spots of the screen. Turning the screen off and back on was a fix. Had the same issue happen to my XS last weekend so I'm not sure what the deal is.

6. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

Never had this issue on my X. Although I would never jailbreak my phone so unless your willing to install 12.0.1 and lose the jailbreak to see if it’s the issue, your stuck with what you have