Has anyone figured out how to create a "clear" icon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBearman, Jun 26, 2010.

1. TheBearman macrumors 6502

I don't believe this will be possible but I figured I'd ask. At one time someone found a way to create a truly black icon by using a web site link. You would simply point your browser to this site and save the link to your desktop. You could do this as often as you wished, creating as many "blank" icons as you wished. This allowed you to "arrange" icons on each page in what ever configuration you wanted.

Now that you can set a background image having a "clear" link icon would be useful but I just don't see how it's possible.

And no, I don't want to jailbreak to get this feature. I can deal with it if it's not possible.

2. Damon Hill macrumors regular

I too would like to know.

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

In the past you could assign transparent PNGs to App icons. I assume that's still the case, and someone will figure out how to create an icon with 100% transparency for non-developers.

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I suggest you try the iPhone Configuration Utility. You can create your own Web Clips, and you can assign it with an icon of your choice and a link (possibly a null one or "about:blank").