Has anyone figured out the TV sorting in iOS7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gjwilly, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Or is it just me?

All my shows were sorted properly in iOS6 but in iOS7 they're not.
    I understand it's a beta but the sorting doesn't seem like it's broken -- just changed.

All of my shows are still in order but some seasons appear under an other shows heading.
    For instance if I select "Coupling" I see Season 1 of Coupling and Season 2 of "Marion & Geoff".
    Almost like sorting by TV channel is taking priority over sorting by Show Name.

In iTunes everything's perfect.

Other shows only appear if I have Show All Videos turned on in Settings even though they are actually on my device and not in the cloud.
    That part probably is an actual bug but the sorting thing just seems so specific.... like iOS7 has implemented a new sorting rule -- something not unheard of with iOS changes.

I use MetaX to do my tagging and I also notice that it seems to be only the shows that were recently tagged that are having the problem so could iOS7 be looking for a different format for the tags?

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

It's likely just a bug. Tends to happen when you are dealing with betas. Report it to developer feedback.

Ideally they would put in a mode in all media to toggle on and off 'in the cloud' in the app and in terms of video let you pick the format you want to download. They had that in iOS 5 for SD v HD and it was a great tool for saving space for titles that don't really need the bigger file cause the SD looks fine

3. Ted13 macrumors 6502

How do you sort TV shows by date in iOS 7? How do you even view them in list mode?

And most importantly, how do you see which ones are actually on the device without having to drill down to individual episodes?

I am running iOS 7.0.2 (iPad), so no "it's a beta" answers, please!