Has anyone figured out why some of us are having auto-sleep issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jas123, May 17, 2008.

1. Jas123 macrumors member

2. afultz075 macrumors member

Still having the same issue. Interesting enough, I noticed it has went to sleep on it's own 4 times in the last 2 days.....but it doesnt seem to be every time

3. kwfl macrumors 6502

mine does not go autosleep. I mean, when i set it to sleep after like 20mins of inactivity it wont sleep. It sleeps fine when i command it to sleep or close the lid.

4. Jas123 thread starter macrumors member

Same thing here, I can command it to go to sleep; just not auto-sleep. Although, since the problem, even when I command it to sleep i get a slight delay that takes about 45s- 1 min to sleep. I've talked with apple for hours on and they have no idea. They recommend that I do an archive re-install of leopard. Seems drastic for a new machine.

[ Also had problems when I enabled FireVault and they told me to just not use it ]

[ Safari is also giving me problems from time to time saying that "it cannot decode raw data" and so forth]

5. afultz075 macrumors member

Yea I have also talked to Apple, of course they were dead set on blaming my 3rd-party RAM which I know is not the problem.

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I have a new MacBook Pro with no third-party RAM.

After a reboot, if I don't launch any programs, it'll auto-sleep fine. But if I launch even one, like Mail.app, it won't auto-sleep until I reboot it again.

Kinda frustrating! I'm really hoping that 10.5.3 helps with this issue.