Has anyone found a good screen protector?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by iamMacPerson, Apr 28, 2015.

1. iamMacPerson, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Earlier this month I ordered a pack of screen protectors from Skinomi on Amazon and of course when I got my Watch I tried to install one. Didn't fit. It was WAY too big. I contacted the company and they are supposed to be sending out a replacement set but after cutting one out and fitting it to the display of the Watch I am not happy with the clarity of it.

Zagg kiosks can cut you a protector made out of HDX and I'm thinking about going that route. Before I do though I want to know if any one here has used HDX before and how it looks or found an good protector besides Zagg? Thanks!

PS: Yes my Sport already has a small scratch on the display.

2. ep3forlife13 macrumors member

Armorsuit on amazon..cover the whole screen and are clear as day..they are great..they seem to be to go to for everyone...i put 2 on today with 0 problems..well worth the 7 bucks

Attached Files:

3. clint-bell macrumors regular

Wow is this for real? covers the entire screen I can't even see a screen protector on there

4. ep3forlife13 macrumors member

yes sir....look at my last update in the other thread....its 100% clear after putting it on at 8pm last night....barely any orange peel (compared to the zagg hd)....i'm in love with it....if you have a sport.....do yourself a favor and order it....you wont be sorry.....covers the whole screen...I'm so happy! glass like feel to the dried protector as well

5. cruzmisl macrumors regular

I also have the armorsuit on mine. Doesn't look like anything is there.

6. pollos macrumors member

Anyone know if the armorsuit protectors are available in the UK? Cant find them on Amazon.

7. cruzmisl macrumors regular

Try ebay?

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i just ordered armorsuit.... hope it lives up to all the good reviews... i even paid the extra $3.99 to get it here tomorrow when my SG finally gets here!

9. iWot macrumors member

Hah! I did the same thing. Watch arrived today so am gingerly handling it until my armorsuit arrives tomorrow.

10. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

I had been planning on an InvisibleShield HD from Zagg but now that I have seen a few pictures of the Armorsuit actually on the watch, I am leaning that way. I may have to go ahead and order so I hopefully have it when my watch finally arrives.

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I just installed the Armorsuit on my Sport. Its setting right now, about how long did yours take to 'cure'? I'm thinking about just letting it sit all night before I touch it. There are a few streaks underneath it, hoping they dry up quickly.

I've only used a wet install once on my iPhone and it was years ago, I always use Power Support.

12. kovey macrumors 6502a

I let my armorsuit sit for 12 hours. It was well worth it.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Cool thanks. I installed it but noticed some dust under along with the streaks so I took it off, washed it and reinstalled it. Now I only have some streaks. Gonna let it sit over night, so all-in-all it will be about 15 hours after the second install. Hope most of the streaks are gone by then!

14. snipah macrumors member

Would someone from the US-guys be so nice and send me 2 packs of armorsuit - the packs with the two protectors for the screen for 42mm AW??

Would gladly pay via paypal. You'd send me the Amazon-Package to Germany. I would order them for myself, but Amazon do not ship this product to Germany.

Will ask the armor suit-guys directly as fallback-solution!

Thanks in advance!

15. Liberachi86 macrumors member

I originally went with the skinomi tech glass (left) which was garbage, as the sides of the glass would not adhere properly. Now I'm using the armorsuit (right) and it's great!

[​IMG]

16. gfbaldin macrumors newbie

I got the zagg from best buy. Easy to apply bubbles will go away when it dries.

17. H3rman macrumors 6502

Anyone care to send me a couple of packs of the Armorsuit 42mm to the UK? Can pay via PayPal and chuck in a bit extra for your troubles.

Amazon.com won't ship to the UK and eBay sellers want $28 a pack when Amazon sells them for $6 a pack!

18. GeorgiaPower macrumors newbie

Do the bubbles go away or did I just mess this up? This is an armorsuit protector.

Attached Files:

19. Che Castro macrumors 603

they go away after a day or a few hours

my zagg was like that , i thought it was dust , after a day it was all clear

20. GeorgiaPower macrumors newbie

Awesome. I squeegeed more of the larger bubbles out. Hopefully it ends up looking as good as everyone else's pics

21. docprego macrumors 65816

I tried this one first:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W2F67AS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pro's:

Edge to edge screen protection
    Extremely clear

Con's:

Though it actually covered the entire screen including the curved edges, I could not get the corners to sit flat on the screen. All 4 corners bubble up no matter how much I pressed them down.

I ordered the Armorsuit next:

Pro's:

Edge to edge screen protection
    Extremely clear
    Corners and edges sit flat
    Comes with 2 films in the package, a spray bottle of application solution, and a quality feeling squeegee but forgettable microfiber cloth.

Con's:

On the second day of use the top edge of the protector developed a bubble. I knew with certainty that there was no direct cause, it just appeared. I wasn't home so I didn't have my application solution and really wanted to solve the problem. So I took a drop of water with a bit of soap mixed in and slightly lifted the problem edge. Then I pressed it back down using my finger to squeegee the edge. The protector then sat flat again on the edge and looked as good as it did after the initial install. I'm really hoping this doesn't return because otherwise I am quite happy with it.

In summary the Armorsuit is worlds better than the other protector I ordered. It was super easy to install and looks great.

22. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

I like that the armorsuit looks like nothing is on, unfortunately to get it shipped to Canada, it's $13+ $8 for shipping.

Anyone have any experience with a similar screen protector that ships within Canada?

23. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

if the bubbles don't go away, then you did it wrong.... :cool:

i didn't have any bubbles when i installed mine... but then, i'm anal with screen protectors on my devices and do a good job of squeegying them out....

24. clint-bell macrumors regular

Armour suit was the best one that I saw on the forum. Looks near invisible. Other ones that I have seen only cover a small portion of the screen which doesn't look great.