Has anyone found a thin, clear TPU case for the 10.5

mzsigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2015
Memphis, TN
That works with the smart cover/smart keyboard? I have the Moko hard plastic case right now, but it's a little thicker than I would like. There's a few on Amazon but none that I have seen explicitly state they work with the cover/keyboard.

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/LUVVITT-CLEAR-Smart-Keyboard-Compatible/dp/B071SL1ZWM

They messed up the original batch and the opening for the ASK & ASC and they do not fit on the current version. I did a little surgery, however, and am happy with the case. It is clear and relatively thin, but does offer some corner/edge protection.

They are supposed to have the updated version (which they have promised to send to all current owners for free) in the next week or two. If you can't find something before the updated version comes out I think this would be a good choice.

Reactions: mzsigler

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I received my replacement case from Luvvitt today. The opening for the Smart Case/Smart Keyboard has been fixed and now works fine. Overall very happy with this case. I also broke down and ordered a Poetic case with pencil holder in smoke gray, but that won't come till next week.

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
Ordered this TPU back case that's compatible with the SmartKeyboard and also has an attached section where you can store your Apple Pencil as well! Ive used Poetic before and their products are pretty good. Definitely look into getting one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ79FAM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have you received this yet? If so, how are you finding the fit of it?

I ordered this exact case last night as I have the 9.7" and love it.

SidBoggle

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Bucks, UK

I also ordered this for the 10.5 and it is brilliant. Works with both my leather smart cover and ASK. All the cutouts are perfect as well.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
I also ordered this for the 10.5 and it is brilliant. Works with both my leather smart cover and ASK. All the cutouts are perfect as well.
No it turns out that the seller refunded my money since they said that the batch they produced turned out bad in some way. Tried again on eBay to re-order it but couldn't. Checked again and it says it is out of stock. Guess I'll have to wait a bit.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
I received my replacement case from Luvvitt today. The opening for the Smart Case/Smart Keyboard has been fixed and now works fine. Overall very happy with this case. I also broke down and ordered a Poetic case with pencil holder in smoke gray, but that won't come till next week.
That's great to hear. Hope I get mine soon.

baconcow

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2016
I sent Luvvitt support an email and they told me the clear TPU Smart Cover-compatible case would be available on Amazon.ca in 1-2 days. Hope it is. Does anyone, with this case, has a screen protector on it?

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007

I purchased this Poetic case in transparent gray for my 10.5" IPP and I love it. Fantastic fit and function. Couldn't be more pleased.

Reactions: c14nhl

wmadan

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2013
That's great to hear. Hope I get mine soon.
I got my replacement case from Luvvitt and asked for a refund because two of the corners of the iPad don't seat deeply enough and there isn't a lip between the edge of the case and iPad.

baconcow

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2016
I got my replacement case from Luvvitt and asked for a refund because two of the corners of the iPad don't seat deeply enough and there isn't a lip between the edge of the case and iPad.
That sucks to hear. I was hoping this case would fit well. You don't happen to have any photos of this issue, do you?

wmadan

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2013
That sucks to hear. I was hoping this case would fit well. You don't happen to have any photos of this issue, do you?
No, I don't. Let me clarify, though. The case does have a good lip around all sides and two of the corners. It's just in the other two corners where the edge of the case is flush with the corner. It looks tacky to me, but it may be OK for others.