Has anyone found a thin, clear TPU case for the 10.5

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mzsigler, Jun 28, 2017.

1. mzsigler macrumors regular

That works with the smart cover/smart keyboard? I have the Moko hard plastic case right now, but it's a little thicker than I would like. There's a few on Amazon but none that I have seen explicitly state they work with the cover/keyboard.

2. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/LUVVITT-CLEAR-Smart-Keyboard-Compatible/dp/B071SL1ZWM

They messed up the original batch and the opening for the ASK & ASC and they do not fit on the current version. I did a little surgery, however, and am happy with the case. It is clear and relatively thin, but does offer some corner/edge protection.

They are supposed to have the updated version (which they have promised to send to all current owners for free) in the next week or two. If you can't find something before the updated version comes out I think this would be a good choice.

3. mauriziocorso77 macrumors member

4. mzsigler thread starter macrumors regular

5. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

6. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I received my replacement case from Luvvitt today. The opening for the Smart Case/Smart Keyboard has been fixed and now works fine. Overall very happy with this case. I also broke down and ordered a Poetic case with pencil holder in smoke gray, but that won't come till next week.

7. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Have you received this yet? If so, how are you finding the fit of it?

I ordered this exact case last night as I have the 9.7" and love it.

8. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

9. SidBoggle macrumors regular

I also ordered this for the 10.5 and it is brilliant. Works with both my leather smart cover and ASK. All the cutouts are perfect as well.

10. baconcow macrumors member

baconcow

Waiting for the Smart Cover-compatible Luvvitt to be available in Canada.

11. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

No it turns out that the seller refunded my money since they said that the batch they produced turned out bad in some way. Tried again on eBay to re-order it but couldn't. Checked again and it says it is out of stock. Guess I'll have to wait a bit.

12. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

That's great to hear. Hope I get mine soon.

13. baconcow macrumors member

baconcow

I sent Luvvitt support an email and they told me the clear TPU Smart Cover-compatible case would be available on Amazon.ca in 1-2 days. Hope it is. Does anyone, with this case, has a screen protector on it?

14. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

I purchased this Poetic case in transparent gray for my 10.5" IPP and I love it. Fantastic fit and function. Couldn't be more pleased.

15. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Mines came yesterday. Cannot wait until Friday when I get my 10.5 now!

16. wmadan macrumors newbie

I got my replacement case from Luvvitt and asked for a refund because two of the corners of the iPad don't seat deeply enough and there isn't a lip between the edge of the case and iPad.

17. baconcow macrumors member

baconcow

That sucks to hear. I was hoping this case would fit well. You don't happen to have any photos of this issue, do you?

18. wmadan macrumors newbie

No, I don't. Let me clarify, though. The case does have a good lip around all sides and two of the corners. It's just in the other two corners where the edge of the case is flush with the corner. It looks tacky to me, but it may be OK for others.

19. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Just received my Luvvitt replacement and it fits perfectly.
    just got my replacement from Luvvitt and it is a perfect fit. If haven't found something order this.