iPad Pro Has anyone gone for iPad Pro and iOS 9.2 Beta ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JonSarge3108, Nov 14, 2015.

1. JonSarge3108 macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

Just wondering whether there are any 'benefits' for the iPad Pro in terms of the OS ?

2. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

I'm running the beta smoothly. I actually had to run it in order to set it up with my backup from my air.

3. JonSarge3108 thread starter macrumors regular

JonSarge3108

4. Troyk69 macrumors newbie

Yes currently using on my iPad pro have noticed battery life is now very poor

5. whi5tler macrumors member

whi5tler

I'm running it too and also experiencing poor battery performance

6. angle macrumors regular

It's a beta. Poor battery life is to be expected. They always do performance optimizations for battery life at the end because it's a low(er) priority.

7. Drsbkk macrumors newbie

Drsbkk

8. birnando macrumors regular

birnando

9. jqc macrumors regular

have been running version 4 of beta since it was released (bc it solves the dead when fully charged issue); thought i wasnt getting great battery life; yesterday decided to test, ran a 1030p movie, and used 15% for 2 hours (roughly 13.3hrs extrapolated) wifi on, no bluetooth or smart cover, 50% brightness.

this morn got pretty similar results but had my Air 2 running side by side, and had the exact same percentages on both, with same parameters above.

so pretty good overall I'd say on the battery, now the trick is to not think about it and look at the percentages constantly

10. WilliamG macrumors 604

Yes using iPad Pro with 9.2 beta 4. Installed immediately after receiving to be able to restore from backup. No real issues.

The occasional battery drain problem is a thing with all iOS devices. It doesn't happen every day, - just some days. Not sure if it's an app that gets into a weird state or what, but it's annoying, certainly.