Has anyone got a Aluminum MB with the 9c8c screen recently(december)?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by maccuser, Dec 22, 2008.

1. maccuser macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone who purchased a unibody this month, got a chance to get the 9c8c screen. The reason I'm asking is that one of the guys in the applestore told me that the difference bw 9c89 and 9c8c has to do with the manufacturing date. But he is wrong. I also don't understand how the two screens can be from different manufacturers cause on both it says Manufacturers: 000610

Anyways I noticed that they are pretty different and the one with 9c8c are way better than 9c89. It has a better contrast and its also brighter.

Please let me know if anybody got a mb in december with the 9c8c screen. Is there a way to actually tell them to give u a MB with this specific screen?

2. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

I got a 9c8c screen in December. I don't think it would matter when I got it though. Anyways, there is no way to determine what screen you are going to get unless you open the box, set up the mac instore then checking what screen model you have. It could take ages, so they probably wouldn't let you do that.

3. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

4. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I have the 9c8c but from november and it's really good.
    The codes have nothing to do with the time when they were built, they are in fact manufacturer codes. If you dig a little deeper on the forums, you'll find the manufacturers for each screen.

5. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

Go in system preferences, displays, colors tab, open profile, then scroll down to the row that says MMOD and your display model is shown there.

6. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I don't think the date it was manufactured matters, but I got a 9C8C screen back in October. It's great.

7. darshan macrumors member

i just bought mine and its the 9c8c model panel...

wondering how suprior this is to the LG

anyone care to giv out their opinion

8. eldervovichka macrumors regular

I just got a new 2.4 today because my 2.0's hard drive failed. My 2.0 was a 9c89, my new 2.4 is the 9c8c. I am not sure what the difference is but I am loving having the back light keyboard.

Jeff

9. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

I just picked up the 2.4 MacBook and it is the 9C8C screen. Got it in NJ on Saturday.