Has anyone got a Nokia e71?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 30, 2009.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

They look pretty neat. Just wondering about their compatibility with a mac

2. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

I have one and it is an awesome phone. Mac compatibility is not bad, it will sync with iSync if you download the plug-in from Nokia's website so iCal, Contacts etc will be covered. Also on Nokia's website is the Nokia Multimedia Transfer tool which allows syncing with iTunes. Obviously not as good as the full PC Suite but it's good enough for me.

3. jennamay macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting a Nokia e71 as well... Well I'm sort of trying to decide between that and the iPhone. I found a discussion comparing the two... do you agree or disagree?

4. Vogue Harper macrumors 6502

Vogue Harper

jennamay - what an utterly bizarre website where the participants appear to speak in tongues, I can't really agree or disagree with what's written as I have never used an iPhone (cannot get it on Vodafone).

That said, I have had my E71 for over two months now and I think it is absolutely brilliant. I suspect it is not as polished or as slick as the iPhone but it does what it is supposed to do - phone, mobile internet, e-mail etc extremely well and the form factor never ceases to amaze. I can definitely recommend it even if you are an iPhone user.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

It would be on my short list if I was to decide the iPhone was no longer for me(GSM is key for me)

Nokia E71
    Treo Pro
    HTC Fuze(I'd like to play with it, see if the interface is "slow" in respect to my standards)