Has anyone got a replacement because of their battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by btnnaz, Aug 5, 2008.

1. btnnaz macrumors regular

my phone doesnt even make it til 9 at night. Like 2 hours usage. the rest standby

If i take it in will i get a replacement

by the way i got the 2.01 upgrade which didnt affect it at all

2. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

3. shinenjk macrumors regular

Yes I've read about people getting their iPhones replaced because of poor battery life in this forum before. Go to where you got it and exchange it. Should be no problem.

4. Rlkv011 macrumors regular

I brought mine in to be looked at by a mac genius. I took screenshots of my

usage for a few days. He told me that I had the oldest firmware, he upgraded

me to the latest build and said if I still have a problem to come in and they

will give me a new phone. I waited three days and recorded each days usage.

Brought it back in and they gave me a new phone no questions asked.

5. hatcher146 macrumors 6502

So do you think I'll need to take screen shots or will they take my word for it? I haven't taken any yet.

6. shinenjk macrumors regular

They should take your word for it. But take a screenshot just in case. Since you said it takes 30 mins to drain from full charge it really shouldn't be hard.

7. tatts187 macrumors newbie

I returned my first iPhone 3G after about a week of having it for just this reason. On a full charge I would barely get 4-5hrs of use with everything off. The first person that I talked to shipped me over to a "genius" that wanted me to come back a week later after trying all the tips that I already was. I spoke with the manager and I had a new phone and on my way home 10 minutes later. Best advice, talk to a manager first and you should be good to go.

-tatts

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, those guys like pics and it adds credibility to your claims. Bad batteries are a dime a dozen. A manager has always listened to my major replacement complaints. :cool:

9. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

yeah I have returned mine for that reason,my battery was only getting 3 hours standby.....you must make a appointment with a mac genius before you walk in there......I took screenshots just in case but when I got there the guy did not even care.......he old me how I could adjust my settings like turning off features which I allready had off then he said how about a new phone then
    He didn't eveven look at the screenshots since the phone is still so new and under warranty he just exchange it. If you look in this forum below you will see a thread I started called "please post your battery usage screen shots" where I have pics of my 3 hours of standby and look at other screenshots to compare to yours to get a gauge I how bad your battery is

10. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    If you go to an Apple store, they have a software program that tells them the average usage times, and longest usage without a charge. That should verify your problem. I had my 2 week old 3G unit replaced last week for the same issue with a "new" one at the store - even though I had bought it at AT&T. If it's a 3G, They know it's still under warranty- it hasn't even been out a month!