Has Anyone got a reply from Intel about the x-25m and bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mmoran27, Apr 6, 2009.

?

Does bootcamp work with newer x-25m 80 GB drives

1. Yes, I have tested it

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, It doesn't work.

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. mmoran27 macrumors 6502

I know about the anandtech article saying that intel is interested in people contacting their support. That is a load of crap because every time I call they say there is no fix and they don't know if the new drives work. Basically just a lame call center with no brains.

1) Does it work with newer 80GB drives
    2) Is there a fix for older drives?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I got on the intel tech support chat line and they told me that

A) There is no fix because
    B) There is nothing wrong with the drives.

I then told him it was the early x25-m that isn't detected under bootcamp and he told me it was an Apple problem.

Then I e-mailed the guy from the anandtech article but...no response as of yet (five days ago).

3. mmoran27 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is not an apple problem

Intel just screwed up. Apple is such a small customer for intel that's why they don't bother to test this stuff on apple gear.

They don't even care. I asked for this fix and got differing answers. First no fix. Then I asked for RmA for newer revision. They do even know if new revision works.

No other manufacturer has this problem. Intel screwed up

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

The guy from the anandtech article just got back to me. He has a contact directly with intel (obviously) but i'm not at liberty to speak with him (surprise).

Of course, he says to stay tuned. He will have an article to help everyone facing this issue soon.

5. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Small customer? Yet they make special processors for them and give them out early.