Has anyone got the resting heart rate feature in OS4 working?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by the_art, Sep 14, 2017.

1. the_art macrumors member

Has anyone got the new Heart Rate app features - resting, elevated etc, working on watch OS4, or is this a feature just for the Series 3 watch?

2. slears macrumors member

No idea, I have just posted something similar in another thread before I seen this:

I am currently running a Series 0 42mm Apple Watch and I have updated to the iOS 11 GM recently.

When I enter the "Health" app on my iPhone 6s Plus, I can see the options for recording Heart Rate, Resting Rate, Walking Average, Workout, Breathe and Elevated Heart Rate Notifications, however only my Heart Rate and Workout options appears to be populated.

Are these options a feature of later Apple Watches only or is there something that needs to be activated somewhere for this to start monitoring?

I also note that there is nowhere on the Health App for the Heart Rate Recovery setting demonstrated at the Keynote, is there something I am missing?

I am interested to know if this is a later model feature as I am running the 1st generation at the moment and would really like these new features as I monitor my health data on a daily basis.

3. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

No resting info for me either (running WatchOS 4). I have a feeling this is for Series 3 only. I will let you know next week when I receive my Series 3 :)

4. Radeon85 macrumors 6502

Resting heart rate works fine on my series 2 with OS 4 :)

5. Buddhake macrumors regular

I have the resting heart rate working just fine on my SS Series 2 running the GM of WatchOS 4 (see photo)

Attached Files:

6. Grimbol macrumors newbie

It’s working with my series 1, but not with series 0. It takes some time to show the first reading, though.