Has anyone gotten a high res 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Apr 13, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Glossy or antiglare, although I'm getting antiglare. I haven't seen any reports of it.

I want these to be in stores so I can buy one on the spot. I hope they come soon, and I'm not wasting time from it just getting shipped instead...

2. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I've tried calling two different Apple stores and I can't get ahold of anyone to find out. I've seen some people say the 15" hi-res glossy are in some of the stores but no antiglares.

3. bolmsted macrumors newbie

I was thinking about it. I think the customizations can only be bought online as the standard base config in the various CPUs is all that the Apple Store or BestBuy will have.

4. choco macrumors member

choco

i called a few stores and was told that this is an online only configuration, kind of like getting a faster hd. bummer because i really wanted a high-res but i just got a regular low-end 15" instead.

5. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

How can CTO's only be online? Didn't they sell antiglare versions of the 15" with the last generation in the store?

If they don't, they'll lose out on lots of walk in, impulsive revenue.

I hope they come to stores otherwise I'll order mine online but I think if it comes to stores, it'll be faster.

6. timeslip macrumors member

I was told by my local store that the high-res matte and glossy will be available for the 15" in the next day or two.

The only option not available for both 15" and 17" is an upgrade to the 7200 drives.

I picked up a 17" high-res matte core i7.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Basically if I find my local shop gets the 15" antiglare, I'll cancel my online order.

8. iSax1234 macrumors regular

I just called the Apple Store in Greensboro, NC and they said they had the high res today so looks like I'm taking a trip this weekend

9. PAC88 macrumors 6502

yea.. apple really needs to get there act together. I would have been one of those impulse buyers today if they had the hi-res antiglare model. I called over the phone ahead of time and said they had one in back but when I got to the store they told me they did not have one..

this really really frustrates me.. they have every single model in stock except for the antiglare hi-res. It almost makes me want to give up on apple, especially after waiting months for this.

10. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Fortunately, after all those months, you can probably wait a few more days for them to get more stock, including antiglare. If you order it online it'll take 5 days to 'build', and 1-2 weeks to ship anyways.

11. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather