Has anyone gotten paid for Apps yet?!?!

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by atlandrew, Sep 24, 2008.

1. atlandrew macrumors newbie

All,

I have 4 applications in the App Store with 2 on the way (read In Review). The first one got into the store in late August. When can I expect to receive payment?? Has anyone gotten paid yet? If so, how will I be paid? Thanks in advance guys...

<plug>
    p.s. My games are iCanSketchIt, Knight's Run, Colorblind, and Hi-Lo. :)
    </plug>

2. nattylux macrumors member

We got paid on August 22 for July sales. Expect payment for August sales any day now. Remember also that you only get paid for a region if you make over $250 there. If not, it will roll over to the next month.

3. jolla macrumors member

Is that $250 / country? $250 for each app-store!? That would suck! You can have a $200+ in 30 different stores but not get paid? Wow.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No offense man, but it sounds like you really didnt read the terms of development for your apps.

5. jolla macrumors member

Non taken, I actually did read it, and do remember something like that. But I might have skipped the part thinking "ah yeah need 250 or wont get paid" not realising that 250 per region meant that I needed 250/store. My reaction above was obviously a bit of an overstatement ;)

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

OMG, a response on MR where someone didnt take something personally!

the times they are a changing:p

7. jolla macrumors member

But now that we are talking about it (I assume the original TS-question was answered by the first reply) - does anyone have any idea why Apple does this? I assume it is a tax thing; you are actually earning money by selling products in a lot of different countries. Countries need to be kept seperate for the administration?

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm pretty sure it would have to do alot with marketing laws amongst other laws being different among so many different countries.

9. Pring macrumors 6502

It isn't per store.. it's per region. The regions are:

United States
    Australia
    Canada
    Europe
    United Kingdom
    Japan
    Rest of World

10. firewood macrumors 604

They make money on the interest of all the tiny revenues they hold till they reach the threshold for payment.

It's also probably an accounting thing. Lots of tiny transfers costs more in reporting and support costs for handling problems with a whole bunch more wire transfers from each country.

It also discourages unpopular apps which can't sell at least $250/mo in at least the biggest of the major markets, at least in the paid portion of the store.

11. admanimal macrumors 68040

I received my payout from Canada for August today. I expect the others to follow by the end of the week.

12. GabeJ macrumors newbie

How are you getting paid

Does apple pay by check? Or some other way?

13. admanimal macrumors 68040

Direct deposit from Apple U.S. and wire transfers from international regions.

14. fixie rider macrumors newbie

fixie rider

Is the "rest of the world" region also a wire transfer? These are the ones in USD, correct?

I only received monthly financial reports for the other 6 regions. unfortunately my record keeping is pretty bad, so i'm not sure if US report includes all USD or only USD in US.