Has anyone gotten the C4480 to print wirelessly through Airport Express?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mademan118, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mademan118 macrumors regular

The title pretty much says it all. I have my Airport express connect to my wireless network. Printer is plugged into the Airport express. Airport Utility recognizes the Printer. Everything seems okay right?

WRONG

Whenever I go to print I get a message stating that the printer is offline. It then brings up a message stating that ciient-error-not-possible. Is this true? That I can not print wirelessly?

Or am I doing something completely wrong here? Has anyone else gotten it to work?

2. coopmike macrumors newbie

I experienced this exact problem. Holy frustration!!! It took me an hour or so of figuring this one out. I originally set up the printer using USB before I bought an Airport Express. I bought the Express, followed the manual, but didn't work. I had to remove/delete the printer from the System Preference's Printer menu and then add it back while connected to the Airport Express.

Hope this helps.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I got a 4480 just the other day (free with my iMac) and immediately hooked it up to my Airport Extreme (note: not express, but I don't know why it would be different). Worked the first time (aside from a hell of a paper jam :rolleyes:).

4. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I followed these steps and I was able to print wirelessly! Man I jumped for joy when that happened! Thank you!

5. mademan118 thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I followed these steps and I was able to print wirelessly! Man I jumped for joy when that happened! Thank you!

6. rapple macrumors newbie

Did this really solve the problem?

This C4480 drives me crazy. I've been working on this problem for 3 days. I removed the USB-installed version and try to install it via the wireless Airport Express. It's even impossible to finish this procedure because the printer doesn't appear on the installation screen. Ignoring the error makes it appear for a flash second on the screen immidiately followed by disappearing.
    Who got a clue for me, just before I kick the device possessed by the devil out of my window.