Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrissurra

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2005
Push is working for me on yahoo.

1. I deleted my yahoo account

2. Powered off phone

3. Added account

4. Push was enabled.

Still trying to get gmail to cooperated the same way yahoo does. Oh well I will have to make my yahoo my mail email until gmail issues a fix.

SiLeNtKiLLa

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007

2. Powered off phone

3. Added account

4. Push was enabled.

Still trying to get gmail to cooperated the same way yahoo does. Oh well I will have to make my yahoo my mail email until gmail issues a fix.

Seems to be working for me after doing this, also fixed my issue with the Get More Message stuff that was going on. Thanks, will test through out the day.

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Thats strange I just added mine today, Push Yahoo works.

now if I could get Gmail to do the same but thats only pop 3 not push :(

ZManChu

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2007
Florida
Did the same thing! push is now working!

2. Powered off phone

3. Added account

4. Push was enabled.

schind

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
Worked!!!

I finally got it to work. Had to go into the Advanced settings on the Yahoo iphone setup and change the IMAP Path Prefix to:

imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com

Works after that.

- James

This worked for me! Thanks James!

~Dave

AustinSTI

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
scratch that, it seems to be intermittent.. i dont get it..

I experience the same intermittancy as well - sometimes its instant others its not...Yahoo needs to get on this so its more reliable. People seem to be thinking different 'tricks' fix the problem but they don't they just appear to because of the intermittancy...

Jsimon9633

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2007
Today I found another bug, I tried to send email from my iPhone through Reply from Yahoo and it crashed, not only did it crash but it seemed that the next time I entered the mail app it was frozen for like 5 seconds.

Strange!!

ShellyFM

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2006
Florida
For this to work, do you have to pay yahoo the $20 for the POP access? This address doesnt seem to work for me yet...

No, you do not have to pay for push IMAP access on the iPhone. Did you try signing up for a new Yahoo account. My old one didn't work, but a new one did.

briananderson

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Yep. I signed up for a new yahoo account. The default yahoo setup on the iphone worked fine, but no push. When I tried the manual setup using "Other", manually typing in the server info, I would get an error saying something like I couldn't log in to that address (imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com).

So you are saying that I don't need to pay 20$ just to get push?

If I do have to pay: Meh. Not worth it for me yet.

ShellyFM

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2006
Florida
Yep. I signed up for a new yahoo account. The default yahoo setup on the iphone worked fine, but no push. When I tried the manual setup using "Other", manually typing in the server info, I would get an error saying something like I couldn't log in to that address (imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com).

So you are saying that I don't need to pay 20$ just to get push?

If I do have to pay: Meh. Not worth it for me yet.

I didn't pay $20 to get mine working on the new account. Apple states on their website that the push Yahoo service is free.

Try calling Apple tech support, and if that doesn't work, call Yahoo.

Keep us posted!

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
There is an intermittent problem with Yahoo's PUSH IMAP. However, I'm not sure the problem is with Yahoo or the iPhone. It is pretty annoying when you get mail an hour or so after it was sent. Then you troubleshoot the thing, it works like a charm, and then it starts not getting mail again for awhile.

I've written it off to an intermittent problem. I'm hoping Apple issues a software fix that takes care of this problem. I also am praying that Google upgrades Gmail to support PUSH IMAP. POP on the iPhone (or any mobile device) sucks.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
iPhone stuck "Checking for Mail"

I have had this happen a couple of times. I have push email working fine. However, a couple of times it stops working and when I go into the InBox it just says "Check for Mail" forever. My solution is to go into the web interface and delete ALL of my mail and then it starts working again. Of course this is not a good option for most. In my case I just use this as a COPY of my real email for the Push Support. Kind of waiting for Yahoo and AT&T to get this resolved.

I hope when the smoke clears in a few months that they come up with an option for PUSH EMAIL and OVER THE AIR Contacts and Calendar. If Yahoo or Google or ?? could provide that then I would be willing to pay a reasonable price (like $20+ per year) for a Mail Plus type account. Verizon has a Backup Assistance which was $2 per month and now is FREE that does over the air Address Book that was pretty nice. Seems like a natural for Yahoo to add over the air SYNC of their Address Book and Calendar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.