Has anyone had Apple fix a liquid damaged MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by farmermac, Nov 15, 2010.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Has anyone sent in a laptop to Apple that was ruined by a spill and had it fixed anyways?

I got a hand-me down 2010 13" MBP that got ruined by a cup of tea. My intentions are to send it in to Apple to get an estimate on fixing it. No applestore for hundreds of miles so I have to send it in to Applecare to take a look at it. I have a small twinkle of hope that they just fix it, but I highly doubt it as im sure the cup of tea tripped all the moisture sensors.

I am not intending on weasling apple into covering something that is obviously user-damage but would still like to hear if they have done it before. :apple:

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

sure people have had apple do it, they just had to pay up.

3. farmermac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would like to hear actual stories. Of course people have paid to do it. In that case what needed replacing and cost.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Different components and various costs. Why not ask apple about yours and get an actual estimate.

5. LikuidMetal macrumors regular

LikuidMetal

If you have to spend $800 or more your best of spending the money to buy a new one with warranty.

6. farmermac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Would like to hear actual stories. Of course people have paid to do it. In that case what needed replacing and cost.

7. miata macrumors 6502

I had a 15" MBP motherboard go bad. As I recall the replacement wasn't a whole lot less than a "new" refurb.

8. jamesyd1991 macrumors member

9. farmermac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for not reading the original post at all and making a blanket statement, which I agree with.