Has anyone had bend issues with the 7plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Jan 28, 2017.

?

Has your iPhone 7plus bent?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Just a real quick one, I'm tempted to change from a 7 to 7 plus but I'm the sort of guy who wears slim clothes and the bendgate issue is still in the back of my head, so I thought I'd just ask quickly on here to get some feedback.

Has anyone had any issues with bending on the iPhone 7plus?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    But I didn't have any issues with my old 6 plus either.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

No. Apple primarily addressed these issues when they upgraded the 6000 Series aluminum to the 7000 Series aluminum on the 6s/7.

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

No issues I've heard of. I did experience a bend on the iPhone 6. However the 6s was completely different. The 7+ is just as robust with upgraded aluminum. You shouldn't worry!

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

None here, I think all or most of the issues were fixed when they upgraded the aluminum with the 6S.

6. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

No issues here. Never had issues with the 6+ or 6s+ either.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The issue with the bending was primarily with those who sat on their iPhones.

8. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Good news!

Looks like I'll get on the iPhone upgrade program tomorrow :)

9. JarScott macrumors 601

JarScott

Just make sure you consider your options carefully before signing up for something like that. Remember that it's basically a small loan with Barclays, that you will be legally responsible for. You'll be passed through a credit check before the system will accept you, which can negatively affect your credit score if its not in good standing - you also won't be accepted if you're annual income is too low.

Also you're at the mercy of whatever Apple charges, if next year comes around and they hike the price of the next iPhone by £200 your choice is you either renew your iUP (taking out a new loan, for the new price) or you're forced to keep the handset for another year until the loan has been paid off.

What I'm saying is, do whatever works best for you but make sure you fully understand what you're signing up for - which I don't think many people that I've seen take out iUP actually did. The Apple Store staff don't seem to be trained highly enough to fully explain the iUP to customers, they're just pushing people through it like Tic Tacs. There's been lots of returns for iUP cause people didn't realise fully what it was until a week after purchase. Have a look to see if buying outright with a very cheap SIM-only deal (like what I have) would work better for you instead?

Do what you like though. :)

Ps. I've not had my 7 Plus long enough yet (a week today) to notice any bending at all, and I don't think I will considering the design changes they made. But my 6 Plus was definitely bent.

10. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254