Has anyone had experience with RBS Citizens for MacBook financing?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DBZmusicboy01, Aug 14, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I am wondering which way will be the best to get a macbook if my dad doesn't have the money right away. Like being able to pay it off in 12 months or something.

2. SCOLANATOR macrumors 6502a

SCOLANATOR

0% interest credit card? Personally I stay well away from any sort of debt. Just save if you want something, there's very little you should need providing you plan your finances properly. This is coming from a student :p.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Just remember if you don't pay off the debt in 12 months the entire accrued interest from day 1 is applied.

0% financing can work, but you need to be honest and disciplined with yourself. Can you realistically pay off the the debt within 12 months. I did this for some furniture back in the day.I divided up the cost by 11 and paid that every month. I didn't want to get too close to the 12 month mark so I used 11.

If you have a consistent and reliable income and a 12th of the MBP payment isn't that big of a percentage of the discretionary income, then go for it.

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

My Mall has a store called "Peach Mac" where I bought my MacBook Pro. They were offering an 18 month interest free credit. Unknown if you have one nearby.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

1. Get a job, save, and buy it with your own money
    2. Have your dad save his money and buy it when he has enough

Financing a laptop is a terrible idea.