Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbrniner

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Wow , after reading all the bad stuff about it I havent even got ours yet and I am starting to regret buying it ...Didnt IS use to be like the best ?? The pictures that someone else who put it on looks horrible , I can paint and get less orange peel from what I saw in those pictures .... So Someone , please show or tell me something positive about IS or I may have to go elsewhere , I will not live with orange peel on my iphone
:apple:

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
I applied my IS yesterday. Although im happy with the back, i removed the front cover because the orange peel effect was a lot worse than I had imagined. So my plan is to get another screen cover for the front and stick with the IS on the back

cynr4eva

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2008
So my plan is to get another screen cover for the front and stick with the IS on the back

That's what I will be doing, IS on back and PS Crystal Film on the front. I ordered my IS in mid-June and it still hasn't arrived. And I payed for faster shipping.

Btw, what exactly is the orange peel effect? I've seen it talked about constantly, just not exactly sure what it is.

iqwertyi

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Well, mine just arrived today (finally).
I'll be installing it tonight. I plan to take as much time possible to get it done properly.

I'll try to compare with my brother's who bought the bodyguradz.

erch63

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2007
The orange peel effect is the texture on the IS. It has small almost bumpy texture to it. One of the benefits I see with that is the smudges are less noticeable. It is very easy to clean and has protected my 2G very well. I always use it, and bought another for my next one.

I have had about 6 replacements over the last 6 months but they never give me any problem, they simply ask did it protect the phone, and the answer is always yes. The best part is the lifetime replacement on the product. It only cost $4 each time but they send out a full replacement and I get it within 2 days.

I actually liked the look of it on the phone it made the grip of it better, and was easy to apply even for me who usually cannot apply such things without bubbles, but I guess I have had a lot of practice putting them on. I only hope the 3g version will work as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.