Has anyone had luck unlocking their AT&T iPhone if purchased used?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by east85, Apr 21, 2012.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I purchased an iPhone 3G (used-purchased on release day by original owner) a long time ago, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck doing a carrier unlock with used phones via the process detailed here:

http://osxdaily.com/2012/04/21/unlock-iphone-att-web-technical-support/

As many of you know, as it stands it's usually been considered a requirement that iPhones be jailbroken before unlocked.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Call them and try your own luck some have been lucky and some have not.. your chances are allot better if you have a account with them.

3. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Bummer! Well, I guess I'll see if I can find a friend on ATT and see if maybe I could use their account to get the job done. We'll see. I went through the trouble of making an account, but you must have active lines to use the online service.

[​IMG]

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I've actually gotten four different iPhone 4's unlocked. Just be nice to them and as long as the phone is out of contract, they'll usually comply. If not, try another CSR. Happy unlocking!

5. kalex macrumors 65816

i got my 4s unlocked in about 10 minutes after waiting an hour on chat. I don't have ATT account and never had

6. hrhkingjames macrumors newbie

How did you get to the chat without an AT&T account?

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism