HAs ANyone had problems installing an OEM Vista Home Prem on MBP ?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tslewis, Nov 30, 2008.

1. tslewis macrumors member

Sod this, Ive spent upwards of 5 hours trying to install vista via boot camp.

I am now having roblems with the NVIDA drivers. Im using a new 24 in LED display woth the MBP late 2008 model.

Im thinkign I may cut my lossess and go back to XP. That worked without any problems.

What a piece of junk vista is.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Calling it junk just because you don't have the skill to solve the problem?

What problems are you having? Please be more specific!

3. tslewis thread starter macrumors member

Initiually

Isnerted OS DVD for drivers. Installed. Dowloaded latest updates for vista, restarted. Had the messages:

a) Compatibility issue between Intel 82801GBM (ICH7-M) LPC Interface Controller - 27B9 and this version of windows

b) Problem Caused by Apple Desktop Null Driver

Restarted computer from vista. BSOD

Retsarted computer then had 4 error messages to do with NVIDIA drivers. Reinserted MAC OS disc and re-ran boot camp drivers.

I think I had one more BSOD but after retsarting so far it seems stable.

Note I am about to install Fusion and I think that may have affected a previous install - used a boot camp partition for the generaiton of the VM

4. tslewis thread starter macrumors member

Thats enough for me. I cant even boot up Vista now after reinstalling fusion.

I had no problems whatsoever woth XP. I Dont have time for this. Back to XP.

If anyone has any success using Vista on a MBP Id like to hear about it.