Has anyone had problems pairing a 1TB time capsule with an Airport-Express?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by team 79 krunch, Jul 23, 2008.

1. team 79 krunch macrumors member

team 79 krunch

I have read somewhere that some people have had problems Pairing a Time capsule and an Airport-Express. I was wandering if anyone has this problem? And if so is there a fix?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

What do you mean pairing?

If you mean to connect, well you need to set one as bridge mode and the other as router--well the one connected to the Internet as the router.

3. team 79 krunch thread starter macrumors member

team 79 krunch

What I mean is having the Time Capsule plugged into the Cable Modem and using the Airport-Extreme to extend the Range and plug a printer in. ( My Modem is in the front hall, not the ideal place for a printer )

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Okay so you set up the Time Capsule as a router and create a network; make sure you check "Allow this network to be extended". On you Airport Extreme/Express, set up wireless as "Extended a network" and put the the settings. Then in Internet make sure the bottom says bridge mode.

Okay I don't have a Time Capsule (because it's slow), but I have an Airport Extreme and a Airport Express set up so my Extreme is connected to my wired network and creates a network like this:
    [​IMG]

Then my Express extended it like this:
    [​IMG]

I don't have a printer connected since my printers are all have built in networking; I have Airtunes on the Express and an Airdisk on the Extreme.

5. Eric. macrumors regular

Sorry for being off topic, but what is slow about the Time Capsule?

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Let's put this way: my 300GB Time Machine back up takes 3 hours on my FW800 drive; it takes 10 days on the Time Capsule; I'm not waiting 10 days.

7. Eric. macrumors regular

That long to write 300GB? Wow. Is it the same deal with an AEBS and attached drive?

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No it's a bit faster, but still quite slow. I think it's the circuitry that's slowing the TC not the drive.