Has Anyone Had Success Using Proxifier?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ratboy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Ratboy macrumors member

I was fortunate enough to grab NetShare when it was available, and I'm trying to get Proxifier to work with it so I don't have to tell individual applications to use my iPhone's proxy settings, however, I'm doing something wrong and Mail and Adium are unable to get through.

I've selected Proxy Settings… from the Options menu, clicked Add and entered the same IP address (192.168.10.1:1080) that I assigned to the NetShare app. I've Checked SOCKS 5 without authentication and clicked Okay twice.

Am I missing a step? Did I forget something? Thanks.

2. ronnier macrumors newbie

3. xcoded macrumors newbie

xcoded

New version works great

There is a new version (1.1.3) which was release two or three days ago, I've been testing it for a few hours with Leopard 10.5.4 and it's working great (using NetShare on an iPhone 3G).

Just make sure you disable the proxy settings in the System Preferences, launch Proxifier and enable name resolution from the options menu.

I've so far used Mail.app, Terminal.app (to name a few) and has been working flawlessly, I will test it for two more days or so and if it keeps working well I will purchase it. ;)

4. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

5. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

I just got a streaming internet radio server working through netshare and proxifier, very excited :) With that i'll be able to broadcast live shows from gigs where Im djing! http://bowzer.net/stuff/iphonestream.jpg

6. drummerdimitri macrumors newbie

I just downloaded proxifier on my macbook pro today, but i need help with adding a proxy server. I was hoping to bypass websense in my university dorms, but i don't know what settings to use as far as the proxy server goes. Can anyone help? Thanks!