Has Anyone had to pay a Restocking Fee?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mikevbf, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mikevbf macrumors newbie

With light bleeding, dead pixels, etc has anyone had to pay a restocking fee at target, walmart, verizon, ATT etc?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

3. Mikevbf thread starter macrumors newbie

4. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Someone posted here that Verizon charges a restocking fee, even for a defective unit.

5. Mdifilm macrumors regular

Best thing to do is go to APple store but hold off a bit until there is plenty of stock, in fact, if you goal is just exchange it, you got a year to go :) I wouldn't do it now unless the store has some in stock. or maybe just make an appointment with the Apple Genius and then make sure they have noted in their system you plan to do an exchange later on...

6. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I know the Apple store removed the restocking fee. Not sure about the rest. I know best buy removed it also.

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yes. If you buy an Apple product from their online store, you can return or exchange it at a retail store.

8. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I returned an iPad 2 with a dead pixel and received a replacement. Genius told me that if you purchase an iPad 2 from any other source other than the Apple Store, the Apple Store can only replace your iPad 2 with a replacement version (same as new but down the line may be refurbished) and not a new-in-box retail version.

9. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

What about at Target? I've heard mixed responses. Especially, if you open it.