Has anyone had to turn their watch for replacement?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kfieler1981, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Kfieler1981 macrumors newbie

My watch gave me no notifications whatsoever.. Nothing fixed it so eventually they had me turn it in. I'm over a week and still don't even thin the store shipped it ugh just curios how long it's taken others to get service on their watch

2. SatManager macrumors 6502

SatManager

I received my watch on 2 Jun and the Force Touch didn't work on it. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks for repair or replacement. I just had them refund the money so I could order a new watch. Why should I eat the repair time if a new watch takes the same 2-3 weeks now for delivery.

3. cosmic68 macrumors 6502

cosmic68

My SS link watch was faulty. The band mechanism wouldn't stay longer locked in.
    I called Apple and they promised an immediate replacement (I don't have AppleCare).

Sent watch in. Turns out, the Apple representative shouldn't have said I'd get an immediate replacement as was incorrect. I went right to the back of the queue!

I cancelled my order and got a refund, however my moral high ground is being tested and actually miss the watch way more then I expected to so will probably crumble, being the sad fanboy that I am.

4. ///M Powah, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015

///M Powah macrumors regular

///M Powah

Received the Apple Watch on 5/30 and I had to return it due to being defective as it was frozen from the language screen. I sent back the defective watch to Apple on 6/1 and was received on 6/3; the estimated delivery date for the replacement watch was 6/15 - 6/18 but they have shipped it today 6/5! Getting the new replacement watch on 6/8!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Anya B macrumors 6502

Anya B

Received my watch on 29th April and it was defective. Even though I had Applecare+ I didn't receive the replacement until 29th May.

I was told there was no stock and that I had to wait as if my order was new. I know of other people who received 1 day express replacement. I have my watch now and i couldn't be happier with it.

6. Mkuzmenko macrumors newbie

I placed a call to AppleCare+ yesterday for my watch because the sapphire wasn't seated properly and there is a gap on the left.

I asked for an express replacement because I did not want to visit the apple store, wait 3-5 days for a replacement, and travel back to pick it up.

My replacement was processed and tracking shows its on a truck for delivery today. I was told there is a fee for express replacements but mine was waived.

7. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I would rather have the watch with a discoloured band, peeling coating and even the ones taking forever to charge that get warm than have to send away my precious. Hope you are all coping.

8. Mkuzmenko macrumors newbie

Here's why an express replacement looks like. Just the watch. That's it. Shiny though.

Attached Files:

9. amermoose macrumors newbie

amermoose

my watch was sent away, lost by Apple with the wrong serial in the system, and finally registered as received after 6 days. it is now being diagnosed on day 7. I was told it would take 3-5 days total, so I'm disappointed in the service. I have another watch that has the same battery issues as the one that was sent away (it also had bluetooth connection issues), but I think I am going to return one of them and not deal with 2 replacements.

10. Rbwest macrumors member

I had a defective screen. Called apple who shipped out a replacement watch. Received replacement 26 hours after my call. Replacement had a return label for me to send back my defective one. I was not without a watch at all. I have apple care.

11. amermoose macrumors newbie

amermoose

Watch was returned to me after 11 days, 6 of those days tracking the wrong serial number. The store genius could verify there was a battery problem when the watch left me, however, Apple returned the watch to me no different than it had left. I was told Apple did all diagnostics and never found a problem. The watch is working much better now, though. It had a very bad battery before being shipped away.

12. papbot macrumors 6502

If you have AppleCare they can replace it with the Express Repalcement as the other poster mentioned. I had mine replaced for a problem with the side button. First went to a store, they didn't have replacements in stock so told me to call AppleCare which I did a couple hours later. Had my replacement two days later and shipped mine back in the box they used. Quite seamless.

13. JoeK07 macrumors newbie

My speaker stopped working after a few days. Left at the Apple Store as a return in the UK and told expect 10-15 days. Called online store and told the same. Been a couple of days and shows in the support page as Step 1 Service Requested.