has anyone heard of "tickle"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by texasixes, Jun 21, 2010.

1. texasixes macrumors newbie

I stumbled across this within my 09 17" uni-body MBP. (that dents VERY easily, btw) I've researched it and it worries/bothers me that it is imbeded into my laptop. Why would my MBP come with a software that I, the end-user, should choose whether or not it is in my VERY E'FING EXPENSIVE MACHINE? I've been to 2 Apple stores and talked to regular staff and (coff, coff) the genius on duty. Their answers were confusing and laughable. They acted as if I couldn't read simple instructions and information. I am a suspicious bloke by nature and when they gave me the looks that they gave and brushed me off the way they did, well, let's say I upped my dose of my morning meds to get home.
    I'm wondering if anyone has ANY info for me that might be helpful. Yes, it can be removed. It is only imbeded and runs in the background of 5 (FIVE) major places. Simple fix, I s'pose. HEEELP!!!! dey is wachin meeeee!!!!!:eek:

2. menomano macrumors member

3. akramer macrumors member

This is one of the most drug induced (or possibly lack of drugs?) post that I've ever seen on the internet.

Are you referring to TCL, the abomination of a scripting language that only still exists because TK is a pretty easy GUI toolkit?

4. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

i went to go "like" this but then i realized that everything isnt facebook, you cant just comment and like everything you see... oh wait... you can, with your mouth :D

6. karl878 macrumors member

7. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

For the dent, you could always get help and end-user software is always helpful especially for an e'fing expensive machine. Go to the genius and just ask them for a help for that. They will tell you how do remove it and the application will not tickle anymore for it is no longer there. Just don't forget do not do it.

Now that I reread your post, it kind of makes sense. I don't know why the tickle app was there. I have never heard of it until the link from the previous poster. If you aren't sure, maybe try a clean install just in case there are other programs on there. You say it's a 2009 MBP? Maybe the previous owner installed the app?

8. moel macrumors 6502

9. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

10. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Definitely absence of them, there's no way most people could be bothered to type that much before getting distracted ;)

11. robotmonkey macrumors 6502

12. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

+1

Obvious troll. :rolleyes:

13. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Stumbled across...???

Are you really surprised?

Well, at least this proves runebinder wrong.;)

Maybe if you provided a single ounce of useful information we might be able to do the same.

How did you even get your hands on a computer in the first place??