All iPads Has anyone here gone from iPad Mini to iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marcosscriven, Oct 22, 2014.

1. marcosscriven macrumors regular

I bought the Air 2 yesterday, having been all set to buy the Mini 3 (before it was announced as having only added Touch ID), on the basis it's quite a bit lighter and thinner now.

While I found that to be true, and while the Air 2 is just really fluid compared to my Mini 1, I'm not sure I'll get used to the screen size again. The Mini just feels more 'cosy'.

As I happen to be in Oz, I saw this article which talks a bit about the Mini: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...y-the-ipad-mini-is-toast-20141017-117o0k.html

2. Xeyad macrumors 6502

I have a Mini 1, and I was planning to get the Mini 3, but that upgrade was disappointing. I'm considering either:

Get an iPad Air 2 and just deal with the new size and enjoy the new A8X, OR get a refurbished iPad Mini 2 in 128GB and cellular for just $539!!

I still don't know what to get. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions.

3. adamthomasjones macrumors newbie

I've gone from Mini 2 to Air 2, mainly because I missed the larger screen size for photos and magazine reading. I may purchase a Kindle as my primary e-book reader though - I think that form factor is better for longform reading.

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I am not going to use my Rmini for a week while trying out the Air 2. That is when I and you folks know which one I am keeping.