Has anyone here replaced their mouse with a trackpad?

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
I love the Mac trackpad, how much do you use it compared to a mouse? Anyone here ditch their mouse for a full size trackpad?

People are right when they say it, the trackpad is a lot less strain and effortless compared to even the lightest tiniest mice. Two finger scrolling beats out scroll wheels, and 3 finger back and fwd beat out scrolling up to the back/fwd browser buttons.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I have a Magic Trackpad on my iMac at work and a spare one with my MacBook Pro at home (it was from another Mac - a bit redundant, but gives me options if I want to be lazy in my chair) - I like that it's functionally similar, but bigger - haven't used a mouse on any of my primary machines for probably 2 years.

blooperz

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2013
mouse for gaming...built in trackpad for everything else.

p.s i hatehatehatehate how windows let you disable the trackpad while typing but apple decided to drop that feature on its MacBooks...why they did away with that feature is beyond me :confused: .. it's probably the only thing I miss about my lenovo

Daysight

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2011
I tried to use a BT trackpad on my iMac but ended up using it just for swiping between desktops. Now do that with keyboard.

Acronyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2011
The same as blooperz, I use a mouse for gaming and the built in trackpad for everything else. For all use outside of gaming, I personally love the trackpad.

leman

macrumors G4
Oct 14, 2008
The same as blooperz, I use a mouse for gaming and the built in trackpad for everything else. For all use outside of gaming, I personally love the trackpad.
Same here. Trackpad is so much more convenient.

mneblett

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
If I'm sitting at my desk, Magic Trackpad is in use. More comfortable to use (arm lays in a natural position, not pulled toward the center of the body to reach the MBP's trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.