Has anyone here replaced their mouse with a trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Misskitty, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Misskitty macrumors 6502

I love the Mac trackpad, how much do you use it compared to a mouse? Anyone here ditch their mouse for a full size trackpad?

People are right when they say it, the trackpad is a lot less strain and effortless compared to even the lightest tiniest mice. Two finger scrolling beats out scroll wheels, and 3 finger back and fwd beat out scrolling up to the back/fwd browser buttons.

2. ecschwarz macrumors 65816

ecschwarz

I have a Magic Trackpad on my iMac at work and a spare one with my MacBook Pro at home (it was from another Mac - a bit redundant, but gives me options if I want to be lazy in my chair) - I like that it's functionally similar, but bigger - haven't used a mouse on any of my primary machines for probably 2 years.

3. blooperz macrumors 6502

mouse for gaming...built in trackpad for everything else.

p.s i hatehatehatehate how windows let you disable the trackpad while typing but apple decided to drop that feature on its MacBooks...why they did away with that feature is beyond me :confused: .. it's probably the only thing I miss about my lenovo

4. Daysight macrumors regular

I tried to use a BT trackpad on my iMac but ended up using it just for swiping between desktops. Now do that with keyboard.

5. John Kotches macrumors 6502

I have been using first a magic trackpad and now Logitech trackpads for at least 2 years.

I don't see myself going back to a mouse anytime soon.

Regards,

6. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

The same as blooperz, I use a mouse for gaming and the built in trackpad for everything else. For all use outside of gaming, I personally love the trackpad.

7. leman macrumors 604

Same here. Trackpad is so much more convenient.

8. mneblett macrumors 6502

If I'm sitting at my desk, Magic Trackpad is in use. More comfortable to use (arm lays in a natural position, not pulled toward the center of the body to reach the MBP's trackpad.