Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zak.V

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
it could be fun but depending how long your at your desk it could become very tiresome. To move around you kinda have to hop where you want to go. Also theres no back support...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Actually, that would be very good for your back. It forces you to sit in an upright (not slumped) position, and would likely cause much less fatigue than sitting in a chair.... your butt may go numb, though!

10 Reasons to Use an Exercise Ball as Your Chair

Even recommended for Macs!

070108i1.jpg

Ramius

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2008
What has the world come to. You cant sit without doing two exorcises at once now?

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
If you're going to spend 8+ hours a day sitting in front of a computer, why not get some exercise at the same time? Obesity is a very big concern, especially in North American society. I actually think this is a great idea to help prevent repetitive stress injury as well as keeping you healthy.

MCHR

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
The most misunderstood detail of using a ball as a 'workstation' chair is that it places your hips below your shoulders, straightening your back. Most office chairs allow you to slouch. Using a ball doesn't allow that, and you'll feel better after a week.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
The most misunderstood detail of using a ball as a 'workstation' chair is that it places your hips below your shoulders...
No kidding! Do you know how tough it is to use the mouse and type with your hips above your shoulders? :D

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
What, like Leo Laporte? :) It's a good idea I suppose, although I'd rather have a bit more back support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.